Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Stoeger M3k

User

Default Re: Stoeger M3k

Does anybody on GS own and have practical experience of the Stoeger M3K semi auto shotgun?

Please provide us with an update on it, what sport(s) you use it for, how reliable it is (when dirty and with different types of Ammo etc).

Any issues or stoppages?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

User

Quote Originally Posted by Tayls View Post
    Does anybody on GS own and have practical experience of the Stoeger M3K semi auto shotgun?

Please provide us with an update on it, what sport(s) you use it for, how reliable it is (when dirty and with different types of Ammo etc).

Any issues or stoppages?

The M3K is the new kid on the block and I'm not sure that many have been sold in South Africa since they landed here in approximately 2018.

Also bearing in mind that it is a semi auto shotgun and not so easy to license unless you are a dedicated hunter/sportsman.The market is only so big in South Africa and shotguns with names beginning with a B and ending in a vowel dominate.(Hi BigT :-))

The current top sports shooters are are not going to change from their B vowels so you may have to wait some time for an up and coming shooter to end up in the super squad using an M3K.

Consider though that the shooter in the foregoing Stoeger videos placed 7th overall in Standard Shotgun division at the IPSC world shoot in France 2018.I'm guessing the M3K ran ok for Timothy Yackley to achieve that result.

What semi auto shotgun(s) are you using Tayls?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Tayls View Post

Any issues or stoppages?

I have one, but with insufficient rounds through it to give decent feedback as still waiting on licensing.

I have not had issues with cycling through about 400 rounds in skeet and 3GN.

However, the screw that mounts the bolt release catch is too short, and had to be replaced.

The 10 round mag tube is not a standard plus extension one, but a single 10 round tube without an end cap, so cannot be extended without a full replacement.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

User

Did team Beretta world champ Roberto Vezzoli use a 12 round mag tube on his 1301?The pics I've seen of him looks like he did not use very long mag tubes?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
    Did team Beretta world champ Roberto Vezzoli use a 12 round mag tube on his 1301?The pics I've seen of him looks like he did not use very long mag tubes?
    Point is that some people want to compete in a sport or division that allows it, or makes it beneficial.

12 round tubes allow for 3 x quad loads, rather than 2.5.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Cockroach View Post
    Point is that some people want to compete in a sport or division that allows it, or makes it beneficial.

12 round tubes allow for 3 x quad loads, rather than 2.5.

I sure get your point.
    Everything comes at a price(excuse the pun) and beyond 26 inches of barrel and shotgun mag tube long brooms become unwieldy in tight confined spaces.

User

User

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
    I sure get your point.
    Everything comes at a price(excuse the pun) and beyond 26 inches of barrel and shotgun mag tube long brooms become unwieldy in tight confined spaces.
    Horses for courses. I seriously doubt that they would be purchased for CQB

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast