Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Stoeger M3k

User

Default Re: Stoeger M3k

Quote Originally Posted by Sloet Steenkamp View Post
    Fetched mine today. Will see how it runs and report back.
    NICE the STOEGER M3K brotherhood is growing LOL.

Have you given any thought of what you want to change, add or modify on it ?

PS: Really jealous, as my application still has a long way to go.

Sent from Mandalore this is the way.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Branden88 View Post
    NICE the STOEGER M3K brotherhood is growing LOL.

Have you given any thought of what you want to change, add or modify on it ?

PS: Really jealous, as my application still has a long way to go.

Sent from Mandalore this is the way.
    Yes, i have a pretty good idea. Went to the range yesterday and shot about 85 rounds. I had a "lucky packet" with all odd sorts and sizes older rounds. With that i had about 5 extraction failures. Then shot a box (25) of new 7,5 28gr shells without any issues. Will definitely do the part changes as per Blitzkrieg's recommendation. Just could not manage to find any of these yet.

A friend of mine just brought me the Stoeger/Mossberg stock adaptor from the US, so i will fit the Magpul stock as soon as i can find one in black. That is about all i intend to change.

Good luck with your license application, it should go fairly quick. Mine took 47 working days and another 5 weeks for the card.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Sloet Steenkamp View Post
    Yes, i have a pretty good idea. Went to the range yesterday and shot about 85 rounds. I had a "lucky packet" with all odd sorts and sizes older rounds. With that i had about 5 extraction failures. Then shot a box (25) of new 7,5 28gr shells without any issues. Will definitely do the part changes as per Blitzkrieg's recommendation. Just could not manage to find any of these yet.

A friend of mine just brought me the Stoeger/Mossberg stock adaptor from the US, so i will fit the Magpul stock as soon as i can find one in black. That is about all i intend to change.

Good luck with your license application, it should go fairly quick. Mine took 47 working days and another 5 weeks for the card.
    That's good news.

I've emailed Formalito, unfortunately it's a no go for me as the shipping is estimated to be R2800 for those Benelli M2 parts, so I'm waiting for another shop to see if they can assist.

Here's the stock you're looking for, I've bought a similar one, the REMINGTON 870 stock.

https://cityguns.co.za/product/magpu...590-590a1-blk/

User

A quick question to my fellow Stoeger M3K brethren.

So obviously, the extractor set is the MOST important part to replace, but I think one should stick as many Benelli M2 parts in there as possible. It will also not cost an arm and a leg, so why not just upgrade whatever is able to be upgraded, well that's my thought process at least.

Here’s my question, has anyone replaced the factory HAMMER, HAMMER SPRING, FIRING PIN AND FIRING PIN SPRING with the Benelli parts? I just want to confirm if it will fit and function, as I can’t get a definitive answer via Googling.

User

So obviously, the extractor set is the MOST important part to replace, but I think one should stick as many Benelli M2 parts in there as possible. It will also not cost an arm and a leg, so why not just upgrade whatever is able to be upgraded, well that's my thought process at least.

Here’s my question, has anyone replaced the factory HAMMER, HAMMER SPRING, FIRING PIN AND FIRING PIN SPRING with the Benelli parts? I just want to confirm if it will fit and function, as I can’t get a definitive answer via Googling.
    Should have bought a Benelli from the start to completely skip this dilemma?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    Should have bought a Benelli from the start to completely skip this dilemma?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think you are browsing in the wrong thread. I'll show you the exit

No dilemma, just not 100% sure about a couple of things, my ninja Googling skills aren't up to standard tonight.
    Not at all, the Benelli is more than double the price of the M3K, replacing ALL the parts with Benelli M2 parts would be less than R2000, shipping included. That leaves +-R20K aside for upgrades and ammo.

User

Hammer,yes
    Firing pin,not necessary
    All springs mentioned,can be replaced with Benelli M2 springs.
    3000 shells through the M3K.

User

I'd shoot it until something breaks. If nothing breaks you haven't spent any unnecessary money. The little I've read about the gun suggests that its more than good enough to go as is.

User

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    I'd shoot it until something breaks. If nothing breaks you haven't spent any unnecessary money. The little I've read about the gun suggests that its more than good enough to go as is.
    Yes.
    If you are a competition shooter,you could do some changes eg.like improving the trigger from the heavy 8 lbs trigger to under 4 lbs etc.
    I've had the M3K for two years and have learned by trial and error what makes the M3K work well in competition.
    Some tinkering did not work and some did .I now know how to fine tune the M3K and it runs well in its tuned form .

Looking back,I doubt if I would have performed better using a Beretta,Benelli,Breda,Franchi,Versamax,JM pro or any other shotgun.It takes some time to up your shooting and for now the M3K is a far better shotgun than I am able to shoot it at my current shooting ability .
    Lots of shooting matches(ie. experience)is needed.
    It ain't the gun,it's the man.

User

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    It's not about shooting until something breaks.
    I've done a ton of research on the Stoeger M3K, watching reviews, reading forum posts etc. A lot of owner's complain that with certain ammo or "light" loads the Stoeger M3K falls to eject the empty shell or fail to feed the next shell, and after replacing the factory extractor with the Benelli M2 extractor those issues were instantly resolved, and again I'm going to purchase the cheapest ammo I can find so this won't be premium stuff.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast