Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: DIGITAL POWDER SCALE RECOMMENDATIONS

The older Lyman DPS were built rock solid. These days most scales are pocket small size.

I bought about 2 years back maybe 3. A Peregrine Scale. And it measures to 0.02grains. Pretty impressive. As it picks up 1 to 2 corns of S335. As a 0.02 variance.

But I also bought just after that a Hornady Auto Dispenser. And mostly using it. As its not as sensitive as peregrine. But its fast and the rifle ammunition shoots accurrate.

User

A lot of the electronic scales read out much finer readings than they can reliably measure. To test it, trickle a charge, then remove the pan and replace it. Repeat. Also, trickle a charge, then transfer the powder to a different container and replace the pan. Once it has re-zeroed, throw the powder back on. Repeat.

Some scales give the exact same reading every time, some jump around a bit or even a lot.

User

Thanks guys, for all your appreciated input.

User

A huge shout-out to Alliwyn & Co at Peregrine - specifically Annie - who far outshine any of their narcoleptic competitors, when it came to sourcing and obtaining the scale I was looking for. Your communications skills and efficiency are exemplary.

It's not the first time that I've done pleasurable business with this company and definitely not the last either.

I will still use my beam scale, but this little scale will now do everything else that the beam sucks at.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Maroelas View Post
    I switched to the Peregrine scale and I think it is one of the best reloading investments I've made. I have seen my ES and SD decrease.
    Same here. Very happy with mine. Have not used my RCBS beam once the peregrine was setup and I verified it's readings .

User

Hi Guys,

Depending on the price of the peregrine scale (accurate to 0.02gr)

There is some DoubleAlpha scales floating around in SA; which is 0.05gr accurate. (imported from the Netherlands)

- Theoretically the peregrine would be more accurate, but at what cost ?

I saw the doublealpha ones go for a reasonable price of ~R1400.00

https://www.doublealpha.biz/daa-reloading-scale

User

https://www.amazon.com/American-Weig.../dp/B0012TDNAM

Then you might as well go for the Gemini 20 scale. Cheaper and goes to 0.02gr precision. As to accuracy, not sure. Mine is repeatable and agreee with all my other scales.

this works great, sensitive, 2 decimal and does not cost arm and leg like other lab scales
    NHB150:
    ​Capacity: 150g x 0.001g
    Plate size: 80mm diameter
    https://www.scalerite.co.za/digital-balances

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3