Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Default Re: Best handgun for females for Self defence

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post
    What relevance does "feel" have, especially to a person with little to no experience?

A reputable gunshop that recommends taurus isn't.
    It's simple. What may feel good in your hands may not feel good on my hands.

Ergonomics matters.

No use buying something now without feeling it and when license comes threw she don't enjoy shooting it.

User

If I look at some of the touchy feely comments you should get the 'insert her favourite color here' one which fits like a glove.
    Natural and instinctive point shooting and all that.

Do not bother with reliability, compactness, support and so forth, it is not important in a tool carried to protect lives.

User

My vote goes for the S&W sheild 2.0. I bought one for my wife. Good looking and nice to hold.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I think how a gun feels to any person is of huge importance - it may not be the best gun for them but the 'feeling right' mindset will go a long way in boosting their confidence.

How many guys on this forum still carry and shoot their original handgun? Very few I bet and that's cause as we've become more knowledgeable on handguns and/or had more funds available we went with some new guns and the experiences along the way may be very important to us but of little value to someone who has a completely different hand shape and strength as yours.

User

Quote Originally Posted by HugoB View Post
    CZ P10 S for the win!
    I'm a Glock fanboy but I have to agree with the above.

My wife carries a G26 which conceals well. But that double recoil spring and snappy recoil doesn't work too well with arthritis and diminished hand strength. Earlier this month she shot a #trainingexcersizecometition with her 19 that she very seldom shoots. What a massive difference.

Aside from the butt being more difficult to conceal for her using AIW she really enjoys shooting the gun, with no pain or wincing and flinching. She actually asked me afterwards if I'm willing to chop her G19 to a G26 grip because she would rather carry a chopped 19 than her 26.

Currently the closest thing to a chopped 19 is a P10S.

Quote Originally Posted by M43 View Post

My wife carries a G26 which conceals well. But that double recoil spring and snappy recoil doesn't work too well with arthritis and diminished hand strength. Earlier this month she shot a #trainingexcersizecometition with her 19 that she very seldom shoots. What a massive difference.

Aside from the butt being more difficult to conceal for her using AIW she really enjoys shooting the gun, with no pain or wincing and flinching. She actually asked me afterwards if I'm willing to chop her G19 to a G26 grip because she would rather carry a chopped 19 than her 26.

She's gonna **** you talking about her butt like that

User

Quote Originally Posted by M43 View Post

The P10S safety on the trigger is a bad design, I'm able to put my finger on the trigger and the dingus falls right in the crease of my knuckle, so no matter how hard i press the trigger the gun wont fire.

To answer the OP question a 42 or 43 because we want them to carry the thing first.

I am a CZ fan. But would also say should look at G43.
    G26 but grip is smaller. the CZ 10m also looks appealing.

And the suggestion for a Taurus above must be a joke.

Strange I saw a youtube video where Mixup98 says 38Spl trvolvers are still the top selling in USA. Would I buy one. Nope. But was interesting t hear when he said it.

Banned

Hallo Hamza, there are a few things to keep in mind when it comes to womenfolks and guns.

Women are generally not as technically inclined as men; therefore it is imperative that she trusts the firearm. Furthermore, if she is not comfortable with it, she will most probably not carry it.

One thing which works very well, is to take her shooting and to let her choose. Start small if necessary - a good .22 pistol should do for a start. Then work upwards with larger pistols and other calibres.

PLEASE DO NOT teach your wife. Very few couples survive the ordeal of a husband teaching his wife. His ego and her questions often result in a night on the couch for one of them.

If she ends up with a .25 or .32 pistol of some kind, then let it be for a start. Almost any gun is better than a stern word and a stick.

Please see to it that she gets taught proper loading technique; womenfolks get upset if they cannot pinch the slide between thumb and index finger.

Quote Originally Posted by moe786 View Post
    It's simple. What may feel good in your hands may not feel good on my hands.

Ergonomics matters.

No use buying something now without feeling it and when license comes threw she don't enjoy shooting it.
    You are conflating fit with feel.

Again, a person with little to no experience does not know what it is supposed to "feel" like so how will that help them?
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast