Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default status quo -licensing

Hi guys,

Does anyone know what the status quo in terms of the 90 working day is at the moment, inknow the court ordered to be completed within 90 working days, but has that changed due to covid? although the guys seemed to be working over the period, i have a MK23 sitting at 126 working days and a Ruger LCP2 sitting at 91 working days, and had a Kahr MK9 approved at 113 working days.

The mk 23 has not been updated since the 20/07/2020 and the LCP2 still says recieved at provincial DFO at 91 days, what the hell...

User

Default Re: status quo -licensing

Quote Originally Posted by andy_760901 View Post
    Hi guys,

Does anyone know what the status quo in terms of the 90 working day is at the moment, inknow the court ordered to be completed within 90 working days, but has that changed due to covid? although the guys seemed to be working over the period, i have a MK23 sitting at 126 working days and a Ruger LCP2 sitting at 91 working days, and had a Kahr MK9 approved at 113 working days.

The mk 23 has not been updated since the 20/07/2020 and the LCP2 still says recieved at provincial DFO at 91 days, what the hell...
    Welcome to the club:mine has been sitting at licensing section since the 3rd of March this year.
    Phoned my DFO and she just said:"oh our power has been off for the last 2 days,cant help you you must phone CFR as the last 2 weeks they werent working due to an infection''Someone just coughs at the Police station or CFR they shutdown the place for 2 weeks,funny, at my work all systoms goes in 24 Hours now back to 8..

Phoned the CFR aswell and it is still status quo,.sitting at Licensing section as per mentioned above"Sir you are aware that we are under Lockdown''..blah blah.

To be honest it seems to me that nobody gives a damn

User

I'm on 106 working for a section 16 .22 rifle. No status change since 18/05. Be interesting to know if any are actually being approved.

Guess even that is moot as they aren't printing anyway.

User

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    I'm on 106 working for a section 16 .22 rifle. No status change since 18/05. Be interesting to know if any are actually being approved.

Guess even that is moot as they aren't printing anyway.
    From NHSA:
    Dear member,

At least some good news - the waiting for some of us for licence cards is nearly past (in Gauteng at least).

We have it on good authority that a large number of printed licence cards have been received at Gauteng Province from the government printer.

These licence cards will be distributed to police stations in Gauteng in a short time after they have been processed on provincial level

We hold thumbs that you are one of the lucky ones !!

Regards
    Natshoot Office

One thing is positive but the other looks bleak

User

Good news, I missed that NHSA message somehow.

User

Stopped by the Sandton DFO and go the slightly reassuring news that they received a batch of cards last week. With my application sitting at 124 working days I'm hoping . . . . . just hoping.

Got a 12g in process from 4 August.

When I handed in app there was a line of people under amnesty renewing. I had appointment with DFO luckily. He said they were doing +20 a day.

As I believe the Amnesty renewals were handled like new applications and not renewals.

I guess were in for a loooooooong wait for them to work through all.

User

Stopped by the Sandton DFO and go the slightly reassuring news that they received a batch of cards last week. With my application sitting at 124 working days I'm hoping . . . . . just hoping.
    I'm at 123 working days. Application is still sitting at the licensing section according to the website

User

Quote Originally Posted by MoeHS1 View Post
    I'm at 123 working days. Application is still sitting at the licensing section according to the website
    Mine also stuck at 'received at licensing section' since 08/05.

User

Mine also stuck at 'received at licensing section' since 08/05.
    Mine is since 17/06. Try emailing complaintsnodalpoint@saps.gov.za. I emailed them on Tuesday, got a response yesterday and they have cc'd 4 other officials that I'm assuming are from CFR. No response yet from any of the CFR officials but I'm waiting to see what happens

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast