Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB FAIL!!!!!!

Default Re: AIWB FAIL!!!!!!

SCARY! It’s interesting that accidents happen just after you’ve been cocky / showing off.

I’ve had my fair share with motorcycles...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Seems the gun is just doing what it was designed to do.

This video has done the rounds with all possible speculated scenarios argued to death.

The damn unsafe Glocks...

Must have hammer, must have external safety, dangerous AF without those...

User

Quote Originally Posted by marnus2003 View Post
    SCARY! It’s interesting that accidents happen just after you’ve been cocky / showing off.

I’ve had my fair share with motorcycles...

Oh boy i know all about bikes... 1 knee replacement later

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaW View Post
    Must say, this is why I will always have an external safety on edc gun. If trained to take out of holster and thumb the safety in one go, cant see it being that much slower.
    Cant carry appendix anyway, in between boepens and "normal" weight. Not dik enough for pens to go over gun and not slim enough to carry comfortable.
    Why speculate. Run it against a timer.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

Good idea, saw there is phone apps for that.

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post

User

This is an old video that has been around the block... even on GS.

You get a clump of shirt in the holster with your gun, expect the trigger to be pushed back while holstering, or the clump of shirt to pull the trigger soon as you stand up or move. Its not rocket science.

It has happened with Beretta model 92's, Glocks, SIG's and sure as fuck with 1911's, Hi-Powers and CZ 75's. (The last three all have external "safer than safe" safety levers...)

User

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post
    This, all of this.

User

Why, when not holstering under duress, it takes all of two seconds to make sure your shirt or thondo isn't in the holser.

Glock, CZ, S&W, none are human proof.

I never understood why anyone would want to have to draw, drop a manual safety, and then fire. One step "safer" would be to draw, rack and fire....... but that's just silly

(P.S excused if one carries a 75 or HP with no double action)

Agree with you, I am not convinced on carrying one up, thinking about the pros and cons. But the external safety makes sense if you are carrying one up for faster engagement, might not have two hands available.... and all the rest of the tacti-cool seen out there?

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAMCK View Post
    Why, when not holstering under duress, it takes all of two seconds to make sure your shirt or thondo isn't in the holser.

Glock, CZ, S&W, none are human proof.

I never understood why anyone would want to have to draw, drop a manual safety, and then fire. One step "safer" would be to draw, rack and fire....... but that's just silly

(P.S excused if one carries a 75 or HP with no double action)

Quote Originally Posted by KN2 View Post
    Sorry Peter/High Power. Why are you not surprised? I was under the impression that the "Safe Action" was the other major selling point of the Glock?
    This says it all KN2:

Peter

Jack Gordon says: June 4, 2018 at 13:54

Most DAO pistols and all revolvers do not need a manual safety; the pull weight of the trigger and its distance of travel are sufficient to prevent any kind of AD as long as you exercise reasonable care (i.e. keep your finger off the trigger unless intending to fire). The problem with the incident discussed here is found in this quote from the article: “…[I]t’s difficult to divine any useful information over what happened.” I’ll tell you exactly what happened and why. This fellow like many others was carrying a Glock, a brand whose pistols subject its users to high risk for absolutely no reason, for no gain at all. Gaston Glock’s formula for handguns (no manual safety beyond the silly ‘secondary trigger’ combined with a striker rather than a hammer), INVITES accidents. I’m not alone in believing this. [See, for example, GunBlue490 videos concerning this popular but dangerous line of guns.] I wouldn’t give the things houseroom, let alone carry one in any kind of holster anywhere on my person. It’s simply too hazardous for both me and those surrounding me.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast