Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Banned

Exclamation Re: Interdict against SAPS going after those with expired licences knocked down

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    I believe your on the wrong forum.
    I believe YOU have no real understanding ...

Criminal Law ( Forensic Procedures ) Amendment Act no 6 of 2010

January 22, 2013
    The Presidency

The Criminal Law (Forensic Procedures) Amendment Act 6 of 2010 has come into effect.

In a notice published in the Government Gazette, president Zuma proclaimed 18 January 2013 as the date on which the act came into force.
    The act was assented to in October 2010.
    The act amends Criminal Procedure Act 51 of 1977, South African Police Service Act 68 of 1995, Firearms Control Act 60 of 2000, and Explosives Act 15 of 2003.

The principal aim of the Act is to strengthen the forensic investigative powers and capacity of the South African Police Service (SAPS).

For criminal investigation purposes, the act provides the SAPS with access to fingerprint databases maintained by the department of home affairs, the department of transport, “or any department of state in the national sphere of government”. This is irrespective of whether the photographic images or prints concerned were collected prior to its coming into effect.

Further, the act extends the powers of the SAPS to take and retain fingerprints and other biometric materials for criminal investigation purposes. Biometric materials include bodily substances taken for the purposes of DNA analysis.
    Amendments to the South African Police Service Act included in the act make provision for establishing and regulating the administration and maintenance of a national DNA database. The amendments also provide for regulating the storage and use of fingerprints, palm prints, footprints and photographs.
    Amendments to the Firearms Control Act and Explosives Act focus on the regulation of SAPS powers to take fingerprints, body prints and bodily samples.

https://legal.sabinet.co.za/articles/fingerprint-act-now-in-effect

I wonder how many people on THIS ( firearms ) forum have actually read the act ?

Please take into account that if you break ANY of the stipulations of the -- "State of Disaster" --you may become a "criminal"

Default Re: Interdict against SAPS going after those with expired licences knocked down

Quote Originally Posted by Brenneke View Post
    I believe YOU have no real understanding ...

Criminal Law ( Forensic Procedures ) Amendment Act no 6 of 2010

January 22, 2013
    The Presidency

The Criminal Law (Forensic Procedures) Amendment Act 6 of 2010 has come into effect.

In a notice published in the Government Gazette, president Zuma proclaimed 18 January 2013 as the date on which the act came into force.
    The act was assented to in October 2010.
    The act amends Criminal Procedure Act 51 of 1977, South African Police Service Act 68 of 1995, Firearms Control Act 60 of 2000, and Explosives Act 15 of 2003.

The principal aim of the Act is to strengthen the forensic investigative powers and capacity of the South African Police Service (SAPS).

For criminal investigation purposes, the act provides the SAPS with access to fingerprint databases maintained by the department of home affairs, the department of transport, “or any department of state in the national sphere of government”. This is irrespective of whether the photographic images or prints concerned were collected prior to its coming into effect.

Further, the act extends the powers of the SAPS to take and retain fingerprints and other biometric materials for criminal investigation purposes. Biometric materials include bodily substances taken for the purposes of DNA analysis.
    Amendments to the South African Police Service Act included in the act make provision for establishing and regulating the administration and maintenance of a national DNA database. The amendments also provide for regulating the storage and use of fingerprints, palm prints, footprints and photographs.
    Amendments to the Firearms Control Act and Explosives Act focus on the regulation of SAPS powers to take fingerprints, body prints and bodily samples.

https://legal.sabinet.co.za/articles/fingerprint-act-now-in-effect

I wonder how many people on THIS ( firearms ) forum have actually read the act ?

Please take into account that if you break ANY of the stipulations of the -- "State of Disaster" --you may become a "criminal"
    wHat is YOUR ​pOinT?????????
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

Default Re: Interdict against SAPS going after those with expired licences knocked down

Sorry couldn’t help myself?

User

This is not the McGunther way...

User

Quote Originally Posted by Koebelwagen View Post
    This is not the McGunther way...
    Noted.

User

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceOfficer View Post
    Noted.

Banned

Arrow Re: Interdict against SAPS going after those with expired licences knocked down

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post
    wHat is YOUR ​pOinT?????????
    How many people actually study the legislation that directly impacts them / their lives / their well-being / their hobbies ( although firearm ownership / hunting is more than a "hobble" )
    In this case legislation applicable to firearms ( and other associated and enabling legislation )
    I asked in another thread about the history of Firearms legislation -- NO REPLY
    Go figure ............

How many people actually study the legislation that directly impacts them / their lives / their well-being / their hobbies ( although firearm ownership / hunting is more than a "hobble" )
    In this case legislation applicable to firearms ( and other associated and enabling legislation )
    I asked in another thread about the history of Firearms legislation -- NO REPLY
    Go figure ............

I still ask why someone posting political views on a Firearm Forum who does not own a firearm. And even trying to proof their views wrong is allowed on forum. makes no sense. Go Figure .......

Banned

Exclamation Re: Interdict against SAPS going after those with expired licences knocked down

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    I still ask why someone posting political views on a Firearm Forum who does not own a firearm. And even trying to proof their views wrong is allowed on forum. makes no sense. Go Figure .......
    Are you just normally devoid of intelligence ?

PLEASE can you inform us as to how the FCA came about ?
    PERHAPS it was proposed / promoted and enacted by -- wait for it ....... POLITICIANS !

It now makes complete sense WHY we ( those who are interested in firearms and the freedoms that come with an armed citizenry ) are currently in the position we are !
    Because
    Heaven forbid we talk about ... wait for it ... POLITICS !

Heaven help us because SA gun-owners are NOT !

Gun Rights in South Africa – A Brief History

https://paratus.info/2020/07/13/gun-...-south-africa/

Unfortunately -- apologies Gideon Joubert but this is entertainment rather than educational !
    Please could we have the exact names / numbers of the applicable Acts of the respective Parliaments !
    BTW;
    The image is of the Zulu of Cetshwayo kaMpande hidden in the caves on SHIYANE ( Oscarberg) shooting at the British at Rorkes Drift !

Yes I know ... I am starting to sound like Peter Moss -- a founding member of GOSA -- just ask Paul !

Are you just normally devoid of intelligence ?

PLEASE can you inform us as to how the FCA came about ?
    PERHAPS it was proposed / promoted and enacted by -- wait for it ....... POLITICIANS !

It now makes complete sense WHY we ( those who are interested in firearms and the freedoms that come with an armed citizenry ) are currently in the position we are !
    Because
    Heaven forbid we talk about ... wait for it ... POLITICS !

Heaven help us because SA gun-owners are NOT !

Gun Rights in South Africa – A Brief History

https://paratus.info/2020/07/13/gun-...-south-africa/

Unfortunately -- apologies Gideon Joubert but this is entertainment rather than educational !
    Please could we have the exact names / numbers of the applicable Acts of the respective Parliaments !
    BTW;
    The image is of the Zulu of Cetshwayo kaMpande hidden in the caves on SHIYANE ( Oscarberg) shooting at the British at Rorkes Drift !

Yes I know ... I am starting to sound like Peter Moss -- a founding member of GOSA -- just ask Paul !

Your not a firearm owner? So why are you on Gunsite Forum at all ?

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast