Cody found a Dove, its leg had been broken and the whole femur was outside body, joint and all. The old bone outside body had turned black and like stone, the lower leg bone had the fused back onto the part of the femur that remain inside skin. A horrible maiming that upset me to see.
The injury has healed completely and appears to be of no further threat other than that it causes sitting perching and walking issues. Walking issues = feeding issues. Cody knows of this bird and has been watching it battle for about all of this year.
The bird landed in front of Cody on Sunday and allowed him to pick it up, he asked my advice and I said it was weak from not being able to feed with ease, he confirmed it was very bony. So it was slowly eating itself away since injury.
He put it in his hospitable cage and it gets better by the day, food and water put at its mouth. This morning it moved from shade into early son.
The bird allows Cody all privileges.
He was firing questions at me earlier about the bird, and one of the questions led to me answering "I dunno my boy, but if there is a God I am sure going to ask why he allowed the little things to suffer so, the most innocent"

Reason for post share:
"no Dad, nature rules the earth dad and God rules heaven and people - they just advise each other on things"
"Ok my boy, then why does nature allow this to happen?" - His reply "because for nature this is just a scratch Dad"
From a child with zero biblical teachings.

I will think about this for a while.

(this is not a post on religion, keep it that way - just a understanding of how it all works according to a 12 year old)