I have been wanting to look at getting a DG rifle for a while now and believe I have narrowed it down to the right caliber and rifle combination for me. As stated in the title I am after a CZ550 in 450 Rigby. The only challenge with this is that the ones that do come up are usually very pricey custom rifles with high grade walnut stocks etc. I however don’t think I could justify that capital outlay at the moment (unless something too good to be true came up) so have thought of two different ways in which this goal can be reached. With this comes the question. It could either be done through a 416 Rigby or 458 Lott and I am wanting to know which would be a more logical option from a gunsmithing perspective and if anyone knows a gun smith capable of doing it or has a rough (even if it’s really rough) ballpark figure as to what it would cost? If cost is equal, part of me feels that the 416 Rigby would be a better choice as one could train up the recoil and fireform the cases to 450 Rigby if the smith work is excessively expensive and would then only be done at a later stage. Any input would be greatly appreciated.