My apologies if this has been asked before, but I have a scenario, and would like to know if drawing and possibly even pointing a firearm would be "allowed" in this specific instance.

So, what happened was, i got into a "quarrel" with a taxi, after which he drove past me, and stopped in front of me, effectively attempting to "pull me over". I stopped about a car length behind him, and did not think it safe to try and pass him on either side, should he be armed and decide to shoot at me. When he stopped, I saw the driver's door opening, and out he got, started walking towards my vehicle. (Now might be the time to add, he was a rather large individual...)

At this point, I - don't know how I was able to do it so smoothly, but thank goodness - loosened my seat belt, slightly lifted my jacked and drew my firearm in one very fluid motion. I did not point it at him, but I kept it on my lap (finger out of the trigger guard), and should he have reached for any weapon himself, I would have been very much ready to defend myself accordingly. I don't know if he saw me drawing it, since I kept it low, and to the best of my ability - out of sight, but he stopped, shouted something, and got back in his taxi and eventually drove off. (I must say, I was very relieved at that point...)

Now my scenario is, was me drawing my weapon and not pointing it at him "justifiable"? (Or should I have waited and assessed the situation even more before making that decision?) And would I have been correct in my choice that should he have reached for something, I would have displayed it?

Thanks...