Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Default Re: Buying my first AR - Please Help

Quote Originally Posted by M43 View Post
    I never used the word liar. I'm just saying that I am having difficulty believing his version.
    So yes, you are calling him a liar

Quote Originally Posted by M43 View Post
    As for my suggestion of taking the gun back to the dealer if the dealer provided it in that condition... If I had 4 AR's of which one was a lemon I can guarantee you I would take it back to the dealer and be a real prick about it, while I'm at it.
    And the dealer would refund you the money? I think not
    Youtube: pdh BeepRunShoot Twitter: @pdhBeepRunShoot Instagram: pdh_BeepRunShoot

User

P mags won't eject? Then it is useless for competition or anything else. What did DD say about that?

Apologies to OP for cluttering his thread.

User

Returns

We want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase. If for any reason you are not happy, simply return the product in as new condition with a copy of your invoice and we will offer you a replacement, exchange or full refund for purchase price minus shipping fees. If the return resulted due to error on our part, shipping fees will be refunded as well.
    Requirements

• Merchandise must be in new condition with original packaging.
    • Merchandise must be return shipped in a protective box.
    • Full refund including shipping if the return resulted from our error.
    • Otherwise, we will deduct the shipping costs from your refund.
    • Refund issued in the same form of payment used for purchase.
    • The customer will receive a refund within 7 business days of our receiving your return.

Faulty Products

If the product has been used in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions but is faulty, unfit for purpose or does not match the sample or description please return the product to us with a copy of your invoice. We may send the product to the manufacturer's service agent for assessment. Where the product is determined faulty or unfit for purpose we will provide you with a refund or exchange.
    Firearm Service and Repair:

1) Should your firearm require adjustment or repair, make sure it is NOT LOADED and call Daniel Defense at 1-866-554-GUNS (4867) to obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization).
    2) Do not send presentation boxes, accessories, or explosive components.
    3) Daniel Defense address for receiving packages is:

Daniel Defense, Inc.
    Attn: Customer Service
    58 Firefly Drive
    Ridgeland, SC 29936

User

Gentlemen, this thread needs to return to its original topic.

User

Why the Sig M400 over the LE6920?

If you are seriously looking into some of those price points and you're not an AR purist (meaning you don't mind a piston system) you might want to look into PWS... The Mk1's are pretty sweet pieces of metal. They also make DI Ar's but I haven't seen any in South Africa and not sure how they perform, but the company is reputable.

Quote Originally Posted by Lekkerry View Post
    HunterHein.

I am always interested in the AR discussions. As many participants, as many opinions + 1 you’ll get J

I have been in the market since last year, August / September. My experience:
    • I was on back-order list for two different brands: When the one came in, it was almost ZAR13k more expensive than the 2015 stock
    • Of the one brand, I am still on back-order list (serial numbers will arrive in a month or two x nth degree)

I will be a couch-chair biased poster here, but very few off-the-shelve ARs can compare with DDs (not considering price): build/quality/workmanship/solidness/weight distribution and what-not. Just recently, I went to look at the new stock that arrived of the DDs at S&O, man oh man, what a sweet feel to hold the DDM4V5, even the grip-finish feels quality.

Whilst in the shop, I got handed a Ruger SR556. The difference is, this is a piston gun, as opposed to the more ubiquitous Dis. What impressed me was the solidness and feel of the Ruger. So much so, that if any of the new SR556 TakeDowns do land soon, it will be my choice, as long as the DDs are in the upper ZAR40k.

Bringing it back home, I “often” shoot at Dave Sheer the DM4s, the shorty and the standard. Being range rifles, they do get used frequently and I do not get misfeeds on these locally assembled AR15s. I think that speaks for the quality of these plinckers.

My list would be (aim is 3gun):
    • Daniel Defence (V3 or V5) : Pro: the feel, the build, sturdiness. Con: Price in ZAR
    • Ruger SR556 TD : Pro: Piston-driven with a chromed BCG = easier cleaning and the TD breaks-down into very small package for transport and ease of cleaning. Con: Piston = heavier than DIs. The SR556 is rather front-heavy
    • DM4 : Pro: Cost effective, locally assembled and replacement components are readily available. Shoots well (assuming the range guns are anything to go by). Con: Is cheap … is that a con? Also, the frame is of a material that is more shiny and shows ageing quickly.
    • Alternative – DPMS 3G2 : Pro: It feels right in the hands when handled at Hailstorm and the price-point was very good in 2015. Is 3gun ready as well Con: Been on back-order list for some time now, not sure what the ZAR impact will be once landed

This is my view.

LekkerRy
    :)

Quote Originally Posted by pdh View Post
    To be honest, choose one and buy it. You wont be using it nearly enough for it to make a difference.

Another good thing is that mostly price equals quality (mostly!), and so if you spend 25k on a gun, you are not going to get a lemon. If you spend 13k, you are going to get fit and finish that is expected for an entry level gun.

Trying to find out from every person what you should buy is like asking an office full of people what car you should buy.

Buy one, license it, start saving for the real cost, ammo and relevant accessories.

Couldn't agree more. I heard the same argument before buying my AR and chose to ignore it at my own peril. Sending 2 mags down range is the quickest way R500 (odd) will love you and leave you. Not even a Hillbrow hooker can beat that. Ammo is not cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Lekkerry View Post
    HunterHein.

I am always interested in the AR discussions. As many participants, as many opinions + 1 you’ll get J

I have been in the market since last year, August / September. My experience:
    • I was on back-order list for two different brands: When the one came in, it was almost ZAR13k more expensive than the 2015 stock
    • Of the one brand, I am still on back-order list (serial numbers will arrive in a month or two x nth degree)

I will be a couch-chair biased poster here, but very few off-the-shelve ARs can compare with DDs (not considering price): build/quality/workmanship/solidness/weight distribution and what-not. Just recently, I went to look at the new stock that arrived of the DDs at S&O, man oh man, what a sweet feel to hold the DDM4V5, even the grip-finish feels quality.

Whilst in the shop, I got handed a Ruger SR556. The difference is, this is a piston gun, as opposed to the more ubiquitous Dis. What impressed me was the solidness and feel of the Ruger. So much so, that if any of the new SR556 TakeDowns do land soon, it will be my choice, as long as the DDs are in the upper ZAR40k.

Bringing it back home, I “often” shoot at Dave Sheer the DM4s, the shorty and the standard. Being range rifles, they do get used frequently and I do not get misfeeds on these locally assembled AR15s. I think that speaks for the quality of these plinckers.

My list would be (aim is 3gun):
    • Daniel Defence (V3 or V5) : Pro: the feel, the build, sturdiness. Con: Price in ZAR
    • Ruger SR556 TD : Pro: Piston-driven with a chromed BCG = easier cleaning and the TD breaks-down into very small package for transport and ease of cleaning. Con: Piston = heavier than DIs. The SR556 is rather front-heavy
    • DM4 : Pro: Cost effective, locally assembled and replacement components are readily available. Shoots well (assuming the range guns are anything to go by). Con: Is cheap … is that a con? Also, the frame is of a material that is more shiny and shows ageing quickly.
    • Alternative – DPMS 3G2 : Pro: It feels right in the hands when handled at Hailstorm and the price-point was very good in 2015. Is 3gun ready as well Con: Been on back-order list for some time now, not sure what the ZAR impact will be once landed

This is my view.

LekkerRy
    :)
    Great Post! Thank you Lekkerry!

I had an unfortunate event that will be preventing me ( financially ) to buy an AR now, I also decided to now save up and buy a top of the range gun, in my opinion that will be between the DD V3,V5 or Sig MCX , I will go shoot both and buy the one that feels best for me! DD are almost always in stock at S&O and the supplier Big T put me in contact with will be able so supply me with an MCX so availability shouldn't be too much of a problem!

Regards

User

Why is Colt not on your list?

LE6920 and AR6720/1 have been available and should be gtg.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    That doesn't look right. My DD is very tight, no movement at all. I have to lightly knock the pins out.

We're you the first owner?
    Same with me.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9