Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Banned

Default Re: .222REM Reloading

Somchem stick to safe loads developed years ago.

Using Quick Load the use of different propellants fro traditional calibers has changed quite a bit. The 375HH is a case in point - S365 and S355 give better and safer results with the heavier bullets. If nobody had tried these then everybody would still be using only S335 and S341 - which easily gave very high pressure loads.

I am not proposing just doing your own thing, but with guidance from QL a safe load can be developed or a dangerous load can be advised against. QL has given much better insight into internal ballistics and has shown me where I erred on the wrong side of the pressure range during my forming years in the reloading game.

Default Re: .222REM Reloading

Quote Originally Posted by driepootx View Post
    Somchem stick to safe loads developed years ago.

Using Quick Load the use of different propellants fro traditional calibers has changed quite a bit. The 375HH is a case in point - S365 and S355 give better and safer results with the heavier bullets. If nobody had tried these then everybody would still be using only S335 and S341 - which easily gave very high pressure loads.

I am not proposing just doing your own thing, but with guidance from QL a safe load can be developed or a dangerous load can be advised against. QL has given much better insight into internal ballistics and has shown me where I erred on the wrong side of the pressure range during my forming years in the reloading game.
    I agree, surely someone has managed a .222REM load with S335 (in theory it should be a safer load as it is unlikely that the load will be to hot...or am I completely mistaken)?

I'm purely asking out of curiosity as the idea stemmed for a conversation I had a little while ago

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2