Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    User

Default Re: Farm attacks - robberys or something else?

I hear that Uncle Bob has just opened the prisons because they can no longer afford to keep prisoners behind bars

User

Default Re: Farm attacks - robberys or something else?

This thread gives me the chills!!!! Especially due to the fact that my family owns a farm in the EC, a member of my family is there at least every 2nd/3rd weekend, so this does hit very close to home!

We have been fortunate enough that only 1 attack during my lifetime has taken place, about 15 years ago and this was a opportunistic attack. My grandparents, well over the age of 70 at that time, was enjoying their morning tee under the tree when attacked from behind. Both sustained small injuries and only a cellphone and some jewelry was stolen. During the trial it was evident that the BG was walking on the dirt road, +-100m from the farm house, saw a soft target and acted upon it.

During recent years we have had 2 attempted attacks which was foiled. 2 Boerboels (read small lions, Caesar being the male weighs in at 73kg's) roam the property and a good "fat nie kak nie" attitude from the dogs, farm manager and ourselves has kept us safe.

One thing to remember is that a FA in your hand is better than a SAPS member on the phone...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7