Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Is there a demand for Walther PPQs?

Good evening everyone

A mate of mine is considering selling his 9mm Walther PPQ M2. I can’t really find any current adverts for them online and can’t exactly suggest a price to him. It’s basically brand new with probably 300 rounds through it.

I know that he paid around 16k for it. Would this be a reasonable price to ask for it considering the price of firearms have all basically increased over the past few months? I wouldn’t really expect these to be in high demand.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

User

Default Re: Is there a demand for Walther PPQs?

Hi

Your mate overpaid for the PPQ.

I recall Spartan/DSG having them for around R11k if memory serves.

Your real issue is the lack of after sales support for Walther in SA. Spares and mags are not readily available.

However, there might be Walther fans out there who would buy it just because its a Walther and use it ocassionally at the range.

All the best!

Sent from my LM-K410 using Tapatalk

User

There is no formal support for Walther firearms in SA, so its not a really viable SD or game gun. For the quoted price one can buy excellent brand new guns with excellent support.

Banned

SlimA,

Some years ago there were rumours and allegations that weapons sold to a SA dealer were sold further into Africa. These weapons were said to have been used, or could have been used, in genocides etc. Therefore, Walther does not export to SA. If I am correct, they do not want to be linked to transgressions against human rights.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    SlimA,

Some years ago there were rumours and allegations that weapons sold to a SA dealer were sold further into Africa. These weapons were said to have been used, or could have been used, in genocides etc. Therefore, Walther does not export to SA. If I am correct, they do not want to be linked to transgressions against human rights.
    It was HK, and they were found in Syria. Guns came into SA and sent out again, the German government halted all further civvy exports.... And that's why we can't have nice things.

Banned

SlimA,

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    It was HK, and they were found in Syria. Guns came into SA and sent out again, the German government halted all further civvy exports.... And that's why we can't have nice things.
    Did HK weapons go to Syria from South Africa?

They were selling for around 10-11k when launched in SA. The African Outdoor decided to drop them. And they were available at dealers for R5-6000. Yes half price.

No one could ever get parts or mags for it.

Great pistol though . But got messed up by importers.

I dont think it will sell for even 5000 as no spares can be found locally. As well as the last were sold for 6000 max.

User

Did HK weapons go to Syria from South Africa?
    Seems so

Okay thanks for the assistance everyone.

Will let him know everyone’s thoughts. I think at this point he’d probably be better off just keeping it than letting it go for something so low. I do know that it was almost impossible to find extra mags for it so any buyer would probably feel that same way about it.

Very interesting to learn about the HK saga though- never knew about it...

Some of the parts of the Canik Tp9 are interchangeable.

I read somewhere that the Tp9 mags can also be used in the PPQ.

I use Baby Eagle magazine's for mine and a Tp9 recoil spring as a spare.

Have a spare Tp9 firing pin around somewhere in case, needs a bit of a mod if it is needed but it should work.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast