Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: IDPA cancels affiliation with SADPA

That's my reservation with most of what has transpired, and I include "the new".

I haven't been active for a few years for work reasons.

I used to get him at 5am (after thy shift) and be in the range at 7 building. Run a squad. Home at 4pm. Work a few hrs later and repeat willingly.

User

Nominations for vacant EXCO positions

Good day Members
    As some of you are aware, there has been several resignations from the exco. To fulfil its mandate and to have the association function at its best, we need to have the following positions filled as a matter of urgency.

1. Directory Treasurer
    2. Director Matches and Competitions
    3. Director Club Development & Sponsors

Due to the urgency of these vacancies, please be sure that the person you nominate are willing to fulfil the position. Nominations will close 02 January 2022, this is due to the urgency that exists to fill these positions.
    Please forward all nominations to admin@sadpa.co.za
    Until further notice, please send all queries to admin@sadpa.co.za
    Thank You
    Etienne

Quote Originally Posted by Sicario View Post
    Nominations for vacant EXCO positions

Good day Members
    As some of you are aware, there has been several resignations from the exco. To fulfil its mandate and to have the association function at its best, we need to have the following positions filled as a matter of urgency.

1. Directory Treasurer
    2. Director Matches and Competitions
    3. Director Club Development & Sponsors

Due to the urgency of these vacancies, please be sure that the person you nominate are willing to fulfil the position. Nominations will close 02 January 2022, this is due to the urgency that exists to fill these positions.
    Please forward all nominations to admin@sadpa.co.za
    Until further notice, please send all queries to admin@sadpa.co.za
    Thank You
    Etienne

It seems that all exco members bar one have gone over to the newly created organisation. It's quite sad what is happening here.
    Do we know why there has been such a massive exodus and why now?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Kiselhuis View Post
    It seems that all exco members bar one have gone over to the newly created organisation. It's quite sad what is happening here.
    Do we know why there has been such a massive exodus and why now?
    From what I have gathered the Exco was the problem so starting fresh is probably the best thing that can happen for SADPA.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DirkB View Post
    From what I have gathered the Exco was the problem so starting fresh is probably the best thing that can happen for SADPA.

The internal politics that everyone keeps mentioning, no one actually talks about. So I have no idea why all of this is happening.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Kiselhuis View Post
    The internal politics that everyone keeps mentioning, no one actually talks about. So I have no idea why all of this is happening.
    Read the older posts here and you should get some idea of what transpired.

User

So I note the new SADPA exco members were apparently appointed. I don't know, would have thought this would be something members vote on after nominations - before appointments.

(Not that it would have made a difference mind you in the outcome, I would have voted for 2 of the 3 as I know them, the 1 nominee I don't know).

However, and maybe it's just me - it seems matters now gets decided on arbitrarily (within SADPA) and we either just accept it, or move along I guess.

I noted same time that my SADPA membership is due for renewal - but I am only aware of the turmoil and IDPA non-association within SADPA. And no-as-in-ZERO certainty as to what *Shooting Sport* is on offer and which clubs will be presenting that specific [SADPA] shooting sport (and for how long).....

Is it just me, have I missed an important part somewhere.....?

User

So I note the new SADPA exco members were apparently appointed. I don't know, would have thought this would be something members vote on after nominations - before appointments.

(Not that it would have made a difference mind you in the outcome, I would have voted for 2 of the 3 as I know them, the 1 nominee I don't know).

However, and maybe it's just me - it seems matters now gets decided on arbitrarily (within SADPA) and we either just accept it, or move along I guess.

I noted same time that my SADPA membership is due for renewal - but I am only aware of the turmoil and IDPA non-association within SADPA. And no-as-in-ZERO certainty as to what *Shooting Sport* is on offer and which clubs will be presenting that specific [SADPA] shooting sport (and for how long).....

If so it is business as usual...

If new committee is unopposed then does there need to be a public vote? They could be co-opted onto the board and at agm ratified.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

SADPA hasn't had an AGM in years and years. They have also ignored at least two calls by members for SGMs.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast