Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Zebra recipe

User

Default Re: Zebra recipe

Nothing horse/donkey like for me thanks. I have eaten a load of game kinds of meat including crocodile but horses are like cats and dogs, pets. And zebra is to close for comfort to horses.

User

There are periodically expose scandals on the likes of Carte Blanche about 'exotic' meats found in SA meat products. Off the top of my head I can remember horse, kangaroo and water buffalo being amongst them. Apparently SABS or some other standards body specifies what the minimum percentage of the labelled species must constitute and that some producers bugger around at, over or under this limit depending what they can get away with.

User

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    There are periodically expose scandals on the likes of Carte Blanche about 'exotic' meats found in SA meat products. Off the top of my head I can remember horse, kangaroo and water buffalo being amongst them. Apparently SABS or some other standards body specifies what the minimum percentage of the labelled species must constitute and that some producers bugger around at, over or under this limit depending what they can get away with.
    reminds me of the story of the guy that made really tasty "rabbit and donkey" pies. he never wanted to give away his recipy but eventually, when pushed on it he admitted that it 50/50 rabbit and donkey....

...... one rabbit and one donkey...

User

I really want to try a kangaroo tail.

User

No Ruger 10/22 post??

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3