Page 130 of 152 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 128 129 130 131 132 140 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1519
    User

Default Re: Meanwhile back in Finland...

Thank you Dirk.

Quote Originally Posted by holdingthezero View Post
    Sorry for your loss. Losing a loved one to their demons is particularly hard to deal with, I've found.
    Nobody should be in the position to learn what that's like.

A couple of months ago I bought another Nissan bakkie and thought I'd sell Nostromo later in the spring when the snow melts and people are eager to buy a new to them vehicle for the summer. And then Ukraine happened and I thought since two is one and one is none, I'll just keep it. The older 1998 King Cab tech is also easier to repair in the field and its transmission is far more durable than the newer all electric version on the 2006 model Navara.

Juggernaut and Nostromo. Now I have to get me new radio comms for this one too...

I've been debugging why does my Glock-Ciener .22 LR pistol have so many failures to eject etc. and did all kinds of magic with springs and lubrication. Until today I realized there is something I haven't tried yet.

Shoot it bone try.

Well, now it did work 70/70 times and after that with 40 rounds more there were three stovepipes with the first round of ten in the magazine and one failure to feed with the second round. Not perfect but much better than before. .22 is quite often a bit tricky with service size pistols...

Especially on times like these a dependable .22 practise pistol is a nice to have piece of kit...

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

I came across these Nissan's dressed up beautifully with aluminum canopies for Overlanding /camping etc. What do you have on yours?
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

Quote Originally Posted by KK20 View Post
    What do you have on yours?
    Now that is a story to tell, but on a later date...

User

Bump

User

I'm curious, I use Norma powder that is imported into South Africa, but for the last year, it has become unavailable here. The local supplier said that Norma had production issues due to a shortage of raw materials from Covid. Can you help me confirm if any of this is true?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Againstthegrains View Post
    Can you help me confirm if any of this is true?
    I don't have connections at Norma factory, but as I just checked the availability in the Finnish stores there's no apparent shortages, nor any chatter among our local reloaders. Maybe there is more to the story we don't know about, like Norma selling preferably to the North America and Europe to satisfy larger customer base than South Africa if there really is issues with their production capacity.

Has it been this long already since I've visited here? Too bad most of the things I've been involved lately fall under the ominous OPSEC blanket or an NDA, but I will post soon about some other activities and about our journey to join NATO as soon as possible.

About my firearms, for varying reasons my emphasis has been lately on long range and fire support roles, hence I did build this full auto capable fire support role rifle using a rifle gassed chrome lined 18" heavy barrel which should take some sustained punishment just a bit longer than a lighter weapon. 6,2 kg weight with full drum of 60 rounds plus a bipod makes the 'Sweet Beast-Teen' quite manageable weapon system. There, I named things again...

And from zero to 600+ a 5.56 NATO with 16" 1/7" twist barrel, the glass is a bit too big for DMR use, but an excellent all around training aid, Vortex Viper PST Gen 2 5-25X50 and Holosun HS403GL for short ranges.

Now after 2500 (ish) rounds with the new insides I might want to open the Silent Steel Micro and check if it needs cleaning...or I'll just keep on shooting with it.

I've already sold all other weapons from my late friend's estate except for one: pitted and very rough looking Sako P54 .22LR from the first production run in 1954 which I decided to buy myself as a project rimfire. My intention is to replace the stock with a one I already bought and will alter a bit, remove the original rear sight leaving just the factory original diopters, get it reblued by a professional gunsmith and keep it as a diopter sighted historic plinker. No cutting down the long barrel, just make it look an feel nice and shoot it.

Later gents

Good to hear from you, AK
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    Good to hear from you, AK
    Same here.

User

Turkey is no longer in the way: Stoltenberg will ask Finland and Sweden to join NATO tomorrow.

So it begins.

User

Quote Originally Posted by AK-Gunner View Post
    Turkey is no longer in the way: Stoltenberg will ask Finland and Sweden to join NATO tomorrow.

So it begins.
    I wonder if Putin even considered this as an outcome of his Ukrainian invasion?

Our coalition government is making all the right noises, but they are dropping the ball big time on major issues like energy. We are in for a very tough winter.

How dependent is Finland on Russian oil/gas?

Page 130 of 152 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 128 129 130 131 132 140 ... LastLast