Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19
    on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Default Re: AR Platform *** catastrophic failure ***

Quote Originally Posted by Tactical Tim View Post
    I referred to JB headstamp being brutal, we returned to using barnaul which was fine, no issue so far.
    Yeah... we actively avoided the hell out of that Indonesian crap... even when security companies were begging us for it.

The diameter of the flash hole (the hole in the web of the head of the case that lets the flame from the primer get to the powder) was inconsistent, sometime non-existent (leading to primers being blown out). Some of the ammo was great (correct size flash holes), other had larger flash holes and was ... enthusiastic!
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Quote Originally Posted by Tactical Tim View Post
    We have no record of the Barnaul 9mmp breaking our guns, you should be good
    I’ve shot 1000s of Barnaul 9, .45 ACP over years with no issues. No malfunctions. Even in a well looked after, lubricated 1911….it ran flawlessly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User

Well as above, might have just been my inexperience

But if Tims running it at the range with no issues in that volume, then def GTG

I think Paul got confused where Tim said they prefer the green Lacquer coated 223 Barnaul over the grey Polymer coated type.

Ive shot a LOT of the lacquer coated Barnaul stuff Spartan imported recently in Tims guns on his rangfe. Not one problem (Not that Lake city produced Winchester/Federal brass or S&B brass gave any problems either)

User

Quote Originally Posted by KM02 View Post
    Something else thats interesting to note in the comments section is that tactical hq says the norinco cqa and dpms seem to be the longest lasting so far...
    True. Nevermind their Type 56 range gun...

User

Quote Originally Posted by Brendank View Post
    True. Nevermind their Type 56 range gun...
    He also notes that they don't use what is considered "top tier" or premium brand AR's for hire. So there is also that consideration to be made. Whether they will last longer who knows, in theory the guns with chrome lined bores would last longer than non chrome lined ones. If memory serves me correctly the CQA's also have chrome lined bores.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Stevin View Post
    He also notes that they don't use what is considered "top tier" or premium brand AR's for hire. So there is also that consideration to be made. Whether they will last longer who knows, in theory the guns with chrome lined bores would last longer than non chrome lined ones. If memory serves me correctly the CQA's also have chrome lined bores.
    Eish I guess the brand of AR concerned will forever be a mystery. Easier finding out who killed JFK or Jimmy Hoffa.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Stevin View Post
    CQA's for the money were great at one stage, considering the modularity of an AR and parts

User

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAMCK View Post
    CQA's for the money were great at one stage, considering the modularity of an AR and parts
    The shitty parts on them were the ones you'd probably replace anyway.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19