Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: Cele closing in on reloading

We're only three months from general election. At least that's what Rob Hersov said in a podcast - he said it'll be May. We know it hangs on a knife edge but I think it is too close for government to ram through further restrictions before May, and if ANC doesn't get 50% or (hopefully) can't cobble together a workable coalition, we might just see an end to their attacks on us. If we get that lucky we can after a settling down period, push for some relief from the worst apects of the ANC. The other important point is that if more disgruntled ANC voters repeat their previous stupidity of not voting, let us be sure to vote.

As note on reloading. They explosive guys are honing in on all the shooters buying powder at one store today and then driving to another store to buy again same day or next day.

If your one of them be mindful.

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    As note on reloading. They explosive guys are honing in on all the shooters buying powder at one store today and then driving to another store to buy again same day or next day.

If your one of them be mindful.
    Based on?

I have had the explosives guys at home recently. They showed zero interest in the pile of tins on the floor

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cockroach View Post
    Based on?

I have had the explosives guys at home recently. They showed zero interest in the pile of tins on the floor

Empty or full tins?

Directly from them. Was chatting to one of their team during an inspection of a dealer. And it was made clear that they are looking into people purchasing on same day and following days at different dealers.

Currently the rule about 2.4kg's is very clear. So clearly they realize shooters are not obeying this.

The only good news is once they finish their new training shooters will be able to apply for increase in current storage limits.

User

Empty or full tins?

Directly from them. Was chatting to one of their team during an inspection of a dealer. And it was made clear that they are looking into people purchasing on same day and following days at different dealers.

Currently the rule about 2.4kg's is very clear. So clearly they realize shooters are not obeying this.

The only good news is once they finish their new training shooters will be able to apply for increase in current storage limits.
    The tins were empty. They had no way of determining that by sight though

Thanks Shooty and Cockroach, I'm genuinely grateful for the warning. I recently bought three cans of Vectan Ba 9 1/2. One was for a friend and we bought them precisely because of the scarcity of components and we both had very little powder left. Nonethless I've never bought as much as three cans at once so that could draw attention. Fortunately I recently made sure that I have nothing more than legal, and I certainly haven't bought components at more than one store just to accumulate more than legal.

But this checking as far as visiting homes is disquieting. Stopping it is one more thing we might accomplish if the ANC is unseated, as I am not aware of any negative consequences anywhere in the world caused by the quantities of propellant kept by private citizens, even in countries that have higher limits than ours.

User

I asked about this on another thread but got no answer. I might be missing something obvious here, but what is this "training" about and how does it work?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Cockroach View Post
    Based on?

Why were they at your home? Did they arrive unannounced?

User

Quote Originally Posted by janfred View Post
    No, it was a prearranged inspection for black powder

User

Quote Originally Posted by janfred View Post
    And to add, they are the most communicative, helpful and responsive SAPS department and people I have ever dealt with.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast