Default What is it worth.

What would be a reasonable price to pay for a well looked after used Mosberg 930 JM Pro shotgun?

User

Default Re: What is it worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf View Post
    What would be a reasonable price to pay for a well looked after used Mosberg 930 JM Pro shotgun?
    I'd pay up to 20 on the high side if it runs smooth and is in really good shape. I'm a 930 sufferer and like mine a lot but it was finicky to begin with and another I've known well was an unreliable pig.

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    I'd pay up to 20 on the high side if it runs smooth and is in really good shape. I'm a 930 sufferer and like mine a lot but it was finicky to begin with and another I've known well was an unreliable pig.
    Thank you,
    What was the main issues on your gun and how did you resolve them?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Alf View Post
    Thank you,
    What was the main issues on your gun and how did you resolve them?
    Mine is an SPX so not the JM PRO which I'd expect to be better Ito of fit and finish.

Issues were:

1. burrs in the action and recoil spring assembly which required some hand finishing to resolve birdshot cycling issues

2. pin in the bolt release assembly that broke twice. Replaced the first one with a factory part but when it happened again I tempered a bit of appropriate diameter drill bit shaft and used that. It's been good for a few thousand rounds since so I suspect shit heat treat.

3. Extractor broke in the first 1000 rounds. Replaced it and haven't had another issue since.

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    Mine is an SPX so not the JM PRO which I'd expect to be better Ito of fit and finish.

Issues were:

1. burrs in the action and recoil spring assembly which required some hand finishing to resolve birdshot cycling issues

2. pin in the bolt release assembly that broke twice. Replaced the first one with a factory part but when it happened again I tempered a bit of appropriate diameter drill bit shaft and used that. It's been good for a few thousand rounds since so I suspect shit heat treat.

3. Extractor broke in the first 1000 rounds. Replaced it and haven't had another issue since.
    Thanks, much appreciated.