Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default .270 Silencer advice

Hi Guys

I need advice on silencer choices for my CZ 550 LUX .270.

I only hunt bushveld hence never liked a silencer because of the extra weight, length and the whole extra maintenance part of it . However most of the farms now require silencers so i need to suck it up and get one.

The barrel has been already been threaded by Stevens Precision Rifles, not sure what the thread measurements are, will have to go back and check.

I am looking for the smallest, lightest silencer possible

Thanks in advance

Default Re: .270 Silencer advice

Freyr and Devik make several models that are light and compact. The F&D 196 (weighing 196 gr and adding 100mm in length) might be the best option for the .270 win. Twinbore Agencies are the local agents.

I can second Tstone’s choice. I hunted with mine two weeks ago on a 300wsm and the guys could not believe how effective the small fryer&devik was!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another vote for Freyr and Devik.
    I use the 280 Titanium on my 7x64mm and it works extremely well.
    The 280 may have been a tad overkill but I was looking for maximium recoil reduction.
    Still only weighing 280gr I would highly recommend.

Freyr and Devik, no doubt! Have a 280 on my Titanium. What a difference it made in sound and recoil especially for its weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get the Gun Warrior Shorty.

Just received one. Excellent built quality Super short.

And you can even fir an extended break to front.

User

Thanks Guys

The freyr and devik is out of budget especially as this is a grudge purchase

Any reviews on the Silent Hunter silencers, i see that they make 150mm x 38mm silencer, at a good price as well.

I hunt once maybe twice a year, 2 - 3 range sessions - total 50 rounds a year

Quote Originally Posted by Imo_P07 View Post
    Thanks Guys

The freyr and devik is out of budget especially as this is a grudge purchase

Any reviews on the Silent Hunter silencers, i see that they make 150mm x 38mm silencer, at a good price as well.

I hunt once maybe twice a year, 2 - 3 range sessions - total 50 rounds a year
    I used a Silent Hunter Hunt Buddy for a couple of years. It was longer and heavier than I wanted but it certainly worked well. Also, Henk is a good guy to deal with.

User

Quote Originally Posted by TStone View Post
    I used a Silent Hunter Hunt Buddy for a couple of years. It was longer and heavier than I wanted but it certainly worked well. Also, Henk is a good guy to deal with.
    For performance:price ratio the Silent Hunter is hard to beat, and I echo TStone that Henk is a great guy to deal with. He was willing do a custom version of the Hunt Buddy for my 223. Another friend has 2 standard Hunt Buddies, one on his 303 and obe on his 243, and they all work really well.

User

Can any comment on the gun warrior shorty silencer for a 223 especially, what reduction of sound can one expect, obviously estimated,?

Is there any silencer that can reduce the sound to allow one to shoot indoors without earmuffs?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast