Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast
    User

Default Re: NATIONAL HEALTH INSURANCE.... the final reason to get out soon

My wifes parents, brother and grandparents all back in Scotland

Her brother born here

Her dad left Scotland at 5 years old, left a pretty massive job here, and took a whole bunch of cash and assets with him

I would say I personally know 30-35 people my age from School who have packed up and gone

Albeit not entirely due to NHI

For me Cape Town would be ideal before UK

An independent Western Cape would be even better hahahaha

User

I am not worried about the masses voting for the anc their IQ’s literally puts them in the mentally retarded category, what worries me are those suddenly worried after the signing, why, what did people expect to happen?!?

This was always going to happen, the anc is broke they need something else to steal, this country is going down and will boil down to last rat standing.

User

What scares me the most is what part of society is voting for the everything for free crowd. It appears that there are a lot of middle class people voting for them, not only the uneducated masses. We are wel and truly fooked.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    What scares me the most is what part of society is voting for the everything for free crowd. It appears that there are a lot of middle class people voting for them, not only the uneducated masses. We are wel and truly fooked.
    I was in an informal engagement with some 20 something grads with qualifications in the computer science, applied maths and quants fields last week. The chat turned to hopes and dreams for SA post elections. To say that I was disappointed is an understatement. Almost without exception they rabbited on about 'free' stuff to eliminate inequality. Free education, free healthcare, free childcare and the rest without a mention of how it might be funded. They represent the 1percenters of their age group and some had worked on funding models for large infrastructure projects so I think we're royally fucked.

Generally wandering around i have been asking the locals about taxation VAT etc.
    Most have no knowledge of the above. When asked about where the billions of grant funds comes from they have no idea.
    Bloody scary.
    Time to scoot is getting closer and closer.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Spliffcat View Post
    Time to scoot is getting closer and closer.
    If I may be as bold to ask:

1) between the load shedding, a murder rate that puts a warzone to shame, corruption, riots, poor economic outlook, failing infrastructure, general lawlessness, and Genocidal undertones from the EFF, what gives.you hope for the future?

2) what will be the straw that breaks the camel's back for you?

User

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    He's a crooked and immoral cunt who I hope dies after a long and painful illness but he most certainly did work in the years before the ANC got the keys to the country in '94. After that he rode the BEE wave to fabulous wealth that he and his crew created.
    I disagree on your last sentence - His crew did not create wealth - the CancER do not create wealth, they expropriate (read steal/loot) wealth that others have created, justifying it under the farcical guise that ALL wealth in this country was created on the backs of the previously oppressed.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Socrates View Post

1) between the load shedding, a murder rate that puts a warzone to shame, corruption, riots, poor economic outlook, failing infrastructure, general lawlessness, and Genocidal undertones from the EFF, what gives.you hope for the future?

I know you asked another member but you must understand most people in SA are still sitting very pretty, and until that drastically changes they not gonna move.

Go look in the streets, everybody is just driving million rand double cab vehicles, go look in the malls, everybody walking around shopping as if we lived in Switzerland. Today is Friday and you will have millions of people braaing and drinking and partying till late tonight. Crime is big but then also statistically confined to certain areas and more so to certain demographics. If 40 people are killed today I would guess 39 of them will happen in either poor/township areas. Now that is just thumb suck statistics so don’t quote me on it but the rich and upper middle class have exponentially better lives than the millions of poor people in SA. Exactly what the anc caused and exactly what they use as weapons in their communist agenda.

Drive around and you see more and more panels on roofs, SA is a country born from hardship and hard work people just work around problems. You hardly find a business in SA where they haven’t already put mechanisms in place to deal with load shedding, panels or inverters or whatnot. Prices of everything on the shelves has gone up, sure, but in the US things have also gone up 30% on the shelves.

So if you ask me, drastic changes to the lives of “most” SA people needs to happen before they truly break.

Maybe I'm delusional, but I don't think that this NHI brainfart will ever materialise for a very simple reason:

The largest single employer in SA is the State, be it national, provincial or local authority and every single 1 of those employees and there dependants are on private medical aid schemes themselves. I'm just waiting for the penny to drop amongst these civil servants, that they will have to revert back to state provided medical care. Remember its not only those currently employed by the state but also the hundreds of thousands perhaps millions of retiree's currently benefiting from private health care who are going to be hardest hit.

This whole charade is nothing more that political promises to try cling to power, once the election is past, it will just become another bogey man, like expropriation without compensation, that gets wheeled out whenever some leverage is required to get spineless big business to contribute some more lunch money to the latest shakedown.

Quote Originally Posted by Socrates View Post

The last straw was a long time ago. Going to retire on Nose Be Island.
    The old folks are 90 now as soon as they go to the happy hunting grounds. I'm gone.

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast