Quote Originally Posted by Heath Robinson View Post
    Is Cecil Payne still operational?
    Apparently, yes.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: Outdoor Shooting ranges on the Westrand

Quote Originally Posted by HvH View Post
    Good day

Any outdoor shooting ranges on the Westrand?

Thank you

JMPD Cecil Payne, Florida, Roodepoort.

Most recent update, still closed over weekend for public, but are open for club matches on certain Saturdays, and Tacshac is there almost every Thursday morning hosting an IPSC club match, and then a 3GN match once a month.

Black Duck, Muldersdrift.
    Basically by appointment only, if you don't book a range out in advance you'll be disappointed. The Steel Challenge operates their every Sunday, they have their official match early morning, thereafter it's open practice for anyone to join really. There's an IPSC and a SADPA club that shoots their as well, and other events get hosted there.

Haven't been to Durban Deep since 2019, so can't give you a fair review, but back then it wasn't my type of setup, so I won't visit again.

User

Dwarskloof in Randfontein but temporarily closed. Should be operational again very soon.

User

I can strongly recommend Black Duck. 15 Mins from my home, a couple of handgun, a shotgun and 600m Rile range. Open Wed to Fri to the public. Fully booked by clubs over week-end so staff take Mon & Tues off. By special arrangement Mon & Tues can come into play and you would probably then have the whole complex to yourself. Booking no problem - sms to owner Tanya and Range fee R90 per person via EFT. Good birding and well kept.

Call me on 0839836082 is more info needed.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Wells View Post
    I can strongly recommend Black Duck. 15 Mins from my home, a couple of handgun, a shotgun and 600m Rile range. Open Wed to Fri to the public. Fully booked by clubs over week-end so staff take Mon & Tues off. By special arrangement Mon & Tues can come into play and you would probably then have the whole complex to yourself. Booking no problem - sms to owner Tanya and Range fee R90 per person via EFT. Good birding and well kept.

I can second Black Duck, it is a bit dodgy during the week but very pleasant on weekends and there is ample handgun and rifle ranges available.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Wells View Post

I would just like to clarify something, I was there in November 2023, the range fee was R150 per person and also keep in mind the range is only allocated to you for two (2) hours for the R150.
    To be honest the two hours allocated time is what will let me rather pass and go to SWAT or go to Cecil Payne (if available), because setting up, and then packing up takes a chunk out of that two hours time period.

Just to elaborate, I've been to the Steel Challenge open practice a few times on Sundays, which is also R150 but the open practice runs from around 10H00 to 13H00, it depends how long their club match lasts.

Maybe the pricing is different now, and the bookings can you confirm?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2