User

Default Where are the fish biting like crazy?

Hi guys

I would like to take my 3-year old son fishing on Sat or Sun.

The last time we went to the Vaal River we caught nothing and the time before that we caught very few.

I understand that such are the realities of fishing - sometimes you catch and sometimes you don't - but I'd like to take the little guy somewhere where the fish are biting like crazy. Just to get him really excited about the whole thing.

Anybody know where the fish are currently biting like crazy? An hour and a half max from JHB.

Thanks guys

Dimitri

Default Re: Where are the fish biting like crazy?

Fish don't bite....ever... It's an urban legend.You don't say what type of fishing youre wanting to do but google a place called "bassomania", I have been there twice and caught nice fish everytime. The dams are well stocked but no so much that it takes the thrill out of the hunt. Within an hour ish of JHB going in te bronkhorspruit direction.Good luck :)

User

Im too far awayi know, but the Yellows are going crazy on the fly here. With this heat I find they are moving into deeper waters so use a longer leader.

User

Kariba earth worms deep water in a river will get you some nice fish.Try and sleep over,early morning is going to be best.Vaal has got nice yellows.Bass you will get plenty,cast out a spook or chugg bugg leave it for a while and hand the rod to youre boy,he will love you and fishing forever.

User

Thanks for your suggestions guys. Landed up going to Footloose Trout Farm in Fourways due to limited time. My son caught his first bass. And daddy was so proud.

Always great to catch a bass at a trout farm :). Congrats, cant wait for my boy to be old enough for trips just like that.