Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: New Magpul Precision Rifle trailer

Quote Originally Posted by ikor View Post
    You could probably pawn off that old G Series on someone without too much trouble...just tryin' to help
    LOL. No.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

I want...

User

saw the HD video last night. had to go change shorts afterwards :-/

Definitely worth getting on bluray by the looks of it.
    Because a thing seems difficult to you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish - Marcus Aurelius

Banned

I'm done wading through this Magpul magnum opus being the Art of the Precision Rifle and I'm blown away. This is by far and IMO the best Magpul production thus far. Perhaps even the best "training" (as to call it that is almost an insult) material I have ever viewed. It's akin, dare I say, to discovering a new religion.

You won't see (or rather "hear") much from The Beard or Haley in this DVD series, as they are but mere students. Todd Hodnett, who prior to this DVD was an unknown entity to me (my loss), is THE man (and with much better facial fluff than Costa) and is my new guru. The guy takes almost everything you know about rifle shooting and in a very polite way takes a dump on it and makes it seem like you've been living in the dark ages and launching large boulders with a trebuchet as opposed to using a modern high-powered rifle with quality glass and a modern reticle. Actually, a huge percentage of the quality / value of this DVD series rests purely with Hodnett. His methodology and the manner in which he explains quite complex concepts is quite beyond description.

If you shoot a rifle over / for long(ish) distance accuracy, whether it be for hunting, target shooting or whatever, BUY, STEAL, DOWNLOAD (ask Lian) OR BORROW THIS DVD!!! It's that simple. You are swimming in a sea of blissful ignorance until you pop this puppy into the DVD player. I tried some of the lessons contained in the DVD at the range today and the snake-eye groups are evidence enough for me. Next week I'm going hunting and I'm looking forward to some "real world / live fire" practice of certain methods, which will (hopefully) represent success in the form of biltong and venison steaks.

Only two "negatives". Firstly, the full DVD set is LONG, very long! Set aside 590 minutes of your life to watch this epic piece of viewage. In fact double that, as you'll be rewinding and reviewing a LOT. And, secondly, as always with Magpul, you will shed a tear at the cool toys and gear on display that the Yanks have easy / cheape(er) access to.

Get this DVD!

Hey deonh, any chance I could borrow yours to watch?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Carter View Post
    Hey deonh, any chance I could borrow yours to watch?
    Any time big dawg! If anyone from FBGC is coming to the KSC club shoot tomorrow lemme know and I'll pop a copy in the bag.

Quote Originally Posted by deonh View Post
    Any time big dawg! If anyone from FBGC is coming to the KSC club shoot tomorrow lemme know and I'll pop a copy in the bag.
    Hmmm, I think they all be at the FBGC League tomorrow, I'll have to make another plan but thanks bud!!! Much appreciated!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2