Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: What rifle scopes for Semi Auto's?

Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankH
    I am watching this thread with intrest. Once you come to a decisive conclusion Craig ,please let me know.
    Frank, is you don't feel like having to settle for a compromise, get the S & B Shotdot. whp
    Quote Originally Posted by Khumba
    Ikor, for me the S&B is a non starter - those Euro scopes are very expensive here and the agents are not likely to help in this regard.

Juts based on the better US prices I expect the S&B Short Dot to sell for around R34k or more , most likely more md217 >:( md217 >:(

Thanks for the link hpy180

I should maybe have added the Acog as a viable alternative - the lowest priced Acog is around R13k here but at least it's avaialble. lv29
    Just remember , I'm not the one been paid in British Pounds. whp whp whp
    "Guns are just tools, the way they're used reflects the society they're apart of, if you don't like guns, blame it on society" ~Chris Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by A Germanic Herero speaking boy named Frank
    And I'm not the one with a new Wilson Combat ;D

I'd find it very difficult to spend more on optics than the firearm, but then these are intended for those with seemingly unlimited bugdets.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    -Winston Churchill

GunSite South Africa
    Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

User

Yip as Ikor pointed out the S&B Short Dot mostly ends up with LE Departments and Mil.

I am getting a IOR Bulldog to see in a couple of days and will report back on that = a possible 1/3 price tag of a S&B and just about the same functionality although it is a 1x or 4x - nothing in between but thta ok imo.

That looks pretty interesting Khumba, please report back on your findings. I agree that magnified or non magnified is all thats needed in the 1 to 4x range, you're unlikely to use 2 or 3x anyway.

BTW, I can't remember where I read it, but there was a reason that S & B used 1.1x as the minimum power on the Shotdot and I see IOR also offers a scope with 1.1x, I wonder whats behind this reasoning, I can't remember why this was done.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    -Winston Churchill

GunSite South Africa
    Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by A Germanic Herero speaking boy named Frank
    And I'm not the one with a new Wilson Combat ;D

I'd find it very difficult to spend more on optics than the firearm, but then these are intended for those with seemingly unlimited bugdets.
    Toushe hpy180
    "Guns are just tools, the way they're used reflects the society they're apart of, if you don't like guns, blame it on society" ~Chris Kyle

I forgot about this option, do you think this could work, or is it more like a red dot BUIS?

And we'll thank Mr La Rue for the pic's and mounting options.

-Winston Churchill

GunSite South Africa
    Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

User

Personally I would not go for the Docter Mini Dot mounted off centre on the scope and would place the 45degree rail side mount in the same class.

The ACOG with MRD on top is more viable and KISS.

LaRue makes a Docter Mini Dot mount for the mini ACOG TA33 (3x30) - incidentally the Burris Fastfire at less than 1/2 the price of the Docter fits the same mount.

I am leaning towards the TA33 with LaRue Mini Dot mount and Burris Fastfire as my choice for the perfect 0 - 300/400m setup.

Didn't actually see the off centre mount, I don't that you'd naturally pick up that line, so that would be out for me too. I like the ACOG one, but I think I prefer 4x, the TA33 does look good and interesting about the Burris, I'll look into that. Any info on the quality of the Burris Fastfire?

And for a real English, ... from England saying, "this is really doing my head in!"

-Winston Churchill

GunSite South Africa
    Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3