Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Awesome

User

Default Re: Awesome

I sent the mail yesterday afternoon. Let's see if I get a response within a week; if not I'll phone him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick View Post
    You might think, Stephen, that we'd take exception to that. I can't speak for my associates of course, but I take your point perfectly. In fact I'm the guy who, more than any, has complained bitterly at the idleness of the majority. I took a lot of flak on Gunsite for saying exactly that, twice. GOSA is under no illusion about the difficulties. It will be a huge stretch to expand our model to the extent needed. We are doing it because of a clear demand for leadership in the vacuum left by SAGA. Even Martin Hood has laid it at our door. Please remember that GOSA never wished for SAGA's failure. We felt that it was in everyone's interest that SAGA's membership base and infrastructure should survive, hopefully as a basis for something better, rather than re-invent the wheel. We were happy that our small organisation was punching above its weight, and were not looking for this. No formal policy statement has yet been issued because we never needed one and are right now putting something together. We feel obliged to make the effort. Only time will tell how it works out.
    Hi Dick

Your Gunsite inbox is full! Message says "Dick has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."

Please call me on 082 905 7400
    How seriously can you take an anonymous poster...?

I know there is huge amounts to be done at the moment.
    Secondly I support the original idea to stop action on GOSA's part and support SAGA as a unified front.
    However we now see SAGA as a non viable entity.
    GOSA having done the correct and gentlemanly thing now find themselves at a dissadvantage - hence the huge amount of work that now needs to be done in a short time.
    I believe that GOSA can become the new voiceof gun owners.
    I can support with membership and mone, but not time at present.

One of the most important things to get done is a proper website.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetelestai View Post
    I suspect the model GOSA is aiming for will involve YOU having to start writing letters.
    Yes, among other things. Its about action. The lack of which got us where we are.

Quote Originally Posted by uBestRi View Post
    I sent the mail yesterday afternoon. Let's see if I get a response within a week; if not I'll phone him.
    This is exactly the sort of individual initiative that we need. Your research will reveal that Altbeker admitted under questioning that his research did not support the conclusions that GFSA claimed. But GFSA continues to push it. That's no surprise, its just the well known technique of repetition whether its true or not. That's why its important to counter it. Getting the admission from Altbeker for the second time is a very good idea.

User

Guys, I have a bit of a outside the box idea. Not sure how good it is or how viable it is.

I ambusy helping a friend(yes she is pretty) collect teddybears for the Red Cross hospital who handles child rape/abuse cases.

Anyhow, driving to work this morning think about the project I had the idea of a "GOSA Mascot". I'm think a teddybear called "Gunny" that teaches kids about guns and gunsafety. Youtube channels, visiting schools etc.

Not really the right guy to implement it as I know sweet blue buggerall about kids and how to interact with them.

Feel free to shoot it down if its a kak plan.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Kreefstert View Post
    Guys, I have a bit of a outside the box idea. Not sure how good it is or how viable it is.

I ambusy helping a friend(yes she is pretty) collect teddybears for the Red Cross hospital who handles child rape/abuse cases.

Anyhow, driving to work this morning think about the project I had the idea of a "GOSA Mascot". I'm think a teddybear called "Gunny" that teaches kids about guns and gunsafety. Youtube channels, visiting schools etc.

Not really the right guy to implement it as I know sweet blue buggerall about kids and how to interact with them.

Feel free to shoot it down if its a kak plan.
    Hmmm sounds like a plan!

ALthough I think if GOSA is going to reach that stage, then we will need a dedicated team for GOSA and that means more structure and resources.

Unless Oom Paul feels like dressing up like a teddy bear every friday afternoon and making the rounds

User

I nominate Mag!
    [b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

Quote Originally Posted by uBestRi View Post
    I have been forced to revise my earlier post in which I said getting Altbeker to admit again is a good idea. I have been in contact with Richard Wesson whose questioning got the original admission out of Altbeker. He thinks its not a good idea. He believes that Altbeker did not expect his data to be misrepresented by GFSA. That's why he declared that it did not support GFSA's claims. Wesson reckons there's no point in attacking Altbeker who has already made the declaration we need, and that we should rather attack GFSA for lying to the public.

If you'll contact me at boothroyd@polka.co.za I'll give you more detail.

User

Default Awesome

Thanks Dick. I did get a response from Altbeker, and I have no issue with him per se. As I understand it he collected the data and has written some books on it, from which I will quote. As you say, it is GFSA that I take issue with, and their use of the data. I have no interest in attacking Altbeker, I merely wanted to get his view on GFSA's use of his data.
    I dare say though that he does fall in the anti camp though, and I have no problem getting a confirmation of that previous declaration, which I now have albeit "sideways".

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3