Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Club that is willing to do night shoot with weapon mounts lights

Seems a bit unfair to allow NFC for a BUG only club shoot for all and sundry. The second you add a WML and you now need to take a PE per target engaged?

User

I don't get SADPA's reluctance to allow lights. Especially as uniformed officers using issued gear can use guns with lights on them BUT not use the light. So they get the "competative advantage" others can't as all that light is doing is adding weight.

Especially as more and more people are carrying WML equipped guns.

The " not for score" category is quite useful and I like the fact it is included in the rules. And I believe the MD permission supercedes the rest of the equipment PE/FTDR restrictions.

I'm curious as to how DMG night shoot pistol stages. WML on long gun, transition to pistol and handheld, transition to long gun with WML.

User

I'm a bit confused!;-)

if I get permission to use the WML from match director and shoot for no score I get a FTDR? Won't that reflect badly on my records for future SADPA references?

User

I don't care about score or winning so PE's and DQ's don't bother me unless they reflect as a bad character reference on SADPA records. The CFR or DFO won't look at the reason for FTDR all they will see is persistent rule breaking!

My intention is to practice using the lights I would use in my hopefully never to come home invasion. If one can't do that in some sort of sport shooting situation then where and when?

If MD agrees to NFC pr allpws you to shoot for no match score should not result in FTDR or DQ except if you are unsafe then you going home early!

User

I'm not aware of any permanent record that your FTDR would come back to haunt you on.

IDPA so needs an Open Service Pistol division. Way behind the times.
    Because a thing seems difficult to you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish - Marcus Aurelius

User

Quote Originally Posted by Thorkind View Post
    IDPA so needs an Open Service Pistol division. Way behind the times.
    But but but

That will get you killed, on da streetz !!!

User

There are some low light courses that are run every so often. SADPA isn't the best place to learn or practice low light techniques, but I do agree there should be the chance to use actual EDC gear in SADPA.

Like I said the "not for score" is quite a useful categpry. If the MD approves (and to get that right basically don't disrupt the normal flow of the shoot) you won't get any FTDR or PE's based on equipment, because it isn't for score anyway. Keep it safe and you'll be fine.

The other option is hook up with the guys at SAS. You can use your WML pistol there.

KBK

I do think there were some errors made with the new rules.
    To allow a lanyard on the torch, but then to not allow shooters to use it is crazy!

WML are also viable, but I do start to understand this as the start of axweapons chequebook race as well. LOE's who are required by department to use WML should be allowed to use them.

. Maybe the middle ground would have been a line in the rules stating WML may only be fitted and used in night shoots only - and pushes the shooter into NFC division.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast