Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    User

Default Re: whats your favourite gun for wingshooting

Beretta 12G A301 with Gamebore High Bird #5 32gr ..Kills them all... (I load only 2 in mag)

or my Fabarms Select 12G 30" O/U for those High Birds

my son uses a Baikal 12G O/U , 28"

3 weeks ago we had a bag of Spurwing and Egyptian Gees that will make you cry next to a 85 hectare dam... We even had a few Father and son doubles (4)

For Rockys I use any cheap #7.5 in my 3/4 barrel and #9 in my Extra Full Barrel

Sabatti 12ga sxs - as soon as I get my license...

Before someone reminds me how old this thread is - I bought myself this beautifull shotgun and just have to tell someone who will appreciate

User

Enjoy Chris let's hope they hurry up and you have it in your hands before seasons end.

I love my SxS shotguns but after many years of looking for a 20ga, I settled on a O/U Beretta 20ga. It felt a little like betrayal, but since I started using it I can hardly see myself going back to the 12's, it fits me well, weighs almost nothing and felt recoil is very similar to a 12 and I cannot differentiate on effectiveness between the two, ie if I do my bit the bird comes down. On a guinea shoot end of May on the Saturday I used 11 shell to reach my daily limit.

Probably use a 12 when I go for some Spurs and Gyppo's again.

User

I've shot almost everything with a 12Ga O/U Miroku skeet gun for over 30 years. Always liked looking at SxS but preferred shooting with O/U. Also liked the smaller gauges but 12Ga ammo is cheaper & easier to get hold of. Was lucky enough to get my hands on my Great-Grandfather's 16Ga English SxS a few years ago due to inception of FCA when an uncle didn't want to go through the licencing process. A bit big & heavy compared to most 16Ga because it's built on a 12Ga frame but beautiful deep relief engraving and hardly used - still has new gun tightness in spite of being almost 90 years old. Used it last year on one or 2 drives of a guineafowl shoot but this year it has become my primary field gun. Big shoot in OFS next week using it.

User

Ammo for the smaller gauges are not the issue it used to be, even 16Ga and 28Ga are fairly easy to source. As for price, not that much more expensive, if at all, maybe a 10% premium on top of 12Ga prices for 20Ga. But hey, my RAV gives 10 km/l as against your Prado's 5 km/l. You spend that much more on petrol on one trip to a guinea shoot than I spend more on 20Ga ammo in a couple of years. Perception, perception.

User

Recently upgraded to a Winchester SX3 12g..Light weight semi auto and Loving it..Sold my Beretta A301..

Beretta A400 extreme 2, love it for all applications

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5