User

Default Dedicated Sports - What does it mean....

In June last year I decided to start shooting IPSC. I wanted to do a sport, enjoyed guns so this was a natural choice. I shot in every compitition and by September I got my dedicated status. I apllied for a 9mm liscence and am waiting for it. I have bought a mini 14 and am going to apply for the liscence. I have been told that CFR is now going to look at dedication over three years and I probarly won't get the mini liscence. Is this true? I am new to the sport and want to compete. HOw can I wit-out a gun? I shoot most weekends, help set up and pack up and have probarly spent more time practcing than alot of guys at the club who have been there more than three years. Is the three year thing true?

User

Quote Originally Posted by farmer-el View Post
    In June last year I decided to start shooting IPSC. I wanted to do a sport, enjoyed guns so this was a natural choice. I shot in every compitition and by September I got my dedicated status. I apllied for a 9mm liscence and am waiting for it. I have bought a mini 14 and am going to apply for the liscence. I have been told that CFR is now going to look at dedication over three years and I probarly won't get the mini liscence. Is this true? I am new to the sport and want to compete. HOw can I wit-out a gun? I shoot most weekends, help set up and pack up and have probarly spent more time practcing than alot of guys at the club who have been there more than three years. Is the three year thing true?
    I haven't heard anything about that at all. the current act is 6 points for dedicated sportsman. if you have that then apply. don't worry about anything else until its 'official'.

User

I havent heard anything like that either. Would turn into a logistical nightmare.

User

Would turn into a logistical nightmare... That is what I said when I heard. Apparently to many people have turned to sport to keep guns and the sports bodies were asked for submissions to correct ths, did not respond so this is what CFR is applying. Apparently in Gauteng etc there are so many clubs/provinces located next to each other that you can shoot a league on Saturday, Sunday and then the following Saturday giving you the required six points. You then don't need to shoot again for a year!

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    I havent heard anything like that either. Would turn into a logistical nightmare.
    And you somehow think this ISN'T something that would be overwhelmingly attractive to the CFR?

"Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian