Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    User

Default Re: I survived a farm attack and armed robbery

Quote Originally Posted by JS4 View Post
    Please do, and place it where it belongs: http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/foru...os-and-Tactics
    Thanks JS4 - i am writing it up as i get time, and will put it there.

User

I thought I would give some feedback on this 2nd attack.
    My brother was watching TV in the kitchen, while my SIL was putting the kids to bed in the other side of the house at about 20.30. He wanted to go to the toilet, the closest being in the “flat” attached to the kitchen. As he opened the door between the kitchen and flat, he saw several BG’s on the other side of the door, he tried to shut the door – but couldn’t get it locked, at the same time he was shouting to his wife. At this stage, a shot was fired through the door, hitting him in the left shoulder, as there was at least 5 BG’s and he was shot, the battle for the door didn’t last long!
    As the BG’s came into the kitchen and grabbed him, my SIL came round the corner and fortunately, always carries her FA (7.65mm) in an ankle holster. She didn’t hesitate and opened fire on the BG’s, most of them immediately ran back out the door they came in, one advanced toward her, firing in her direction, she was wounded by one of these shots (ricochet off the floor and wall just clipped her leg).
    This is a short story as the BG’s were in the kitchen for probably only about 40 seconds. But so much went right that could have gone wrong:
    1. My brother went to the toilet – this clearly caught the BG’s off guard, and they were not expecting it, he normally goes to check the farm boilers at that time of night and we assume they were waiting for him to go out, then enter the main part of the house and wait for him to get back – that would have had a whole different ending as his wife and 2 young daughters would have been in the house alone.
    2. My SIL carried her FA on her (for many years already) – brother also did….normally, except for that day! She also practised regularly – the only “mistake” she made was that in the panic, forgot she had one up and jacked a live round out.
    The investigation into this attack is still ongoing, so I will not say much further, some of what was in the news is true, some not. I will wait for the case to get solved and anyone convicted before I say much more, especially on that side. There have been a few different avenues to this investigation, also the fact that this was the 6th serious crime in about a 5km radius of us in less than 2 years, maybe one day when all this is done, I can report back on all that too.
    In the aftermath however it was so good to get so much support and good wishes from so many people all over the place, including this forum, that support means a lot. Just a quick mention of a couple :
    1. Capital Kitchens in Pmb came out and repaired the damaged kitchen cabinets free – quite astounding especially as we live about 75km away – we give them quite a bit of work, but still, it was so amazing to get that type of help.
    2. Dirk from the Forum who has given me quite a bit of help and advice, and ideas, thankyou.
    3. The KZN Provincial Head of CID (won’t mention his name) – has been unbelievably understanding and helpful – and I believe we will catch them due to his interventions, and the fantastic help from other sections of the SAPS - so great to know that there are still some really great police men and women in this country.
    4. Obviuosly our neighbours and friends who have helped so much

Till next time - hope that you all keep safe.

User

Thanks for the update

Hope all goes well and that they all are caught

Banned

Yeah, all the best and I hope these bastards get their day.

Banned

Oh and just a thought get the missus a 9mm P

User

Quote Originally Posted by volstruis View Post
    The 7.65mm did enough damage that night

User

Quote Originally Posted by volstruis View Post
    While I am a firm believer in the 9mmP, face facts: a 7.65 on your person because it is comfortable to carry is always gonna be better than an uncomfortable to carry 9mmP/45ACP or even 500S&W in the safe!

Personally I believe 7.65 is an underated calibre anyway. Shoot with one a bit and you'll soon realise how easy it is to place accurate follow up shots in the same place. (Yes, I know someone will say it needs 2 or 3 or 10 shots from a 7.65 to equal 1 shot from a 9mmP or 45 or whatever their pet calibre is). Don't knock it till you've tried it. Note cpsadrian's comment.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BBCT View Post
    While I am a firm believer in the 9mmP, face facts: a 7.65 on your person because it is comfortable to carry is always gonna be better than an uncomfortable to carry 9mmP/45ACP or even 500S&W in the safe!

Personally I believe 7.65 is an underated calibre anyway. Shoot with one a bit and you'll soon realise how easy it is to place accurate follow up shots in the same place. (Yes, I know someone will say it needs 2 or 3 or 10 shots from a 7.65 to equal 1 shot from a 9mmP or 45 or whatever their pet calibre is). Don't knock it till you've tried it. Note cpsadrian's comment.
    I always think of a comment BigT made when the caliber war starts "All handgun calibers suck."

But seeing as that I also only have a 7.65, it does console me a bit that they are not completely useless.

Thanks for sharing CPSAdrian, it would seem that there was a bit of luck involved for your family there, as you stated, it could have turned out quite a bit differently...

User

Well done to both you and your SIL for putting up the fights that you did. I pray that you all recover from your injuries physically as well as mentally. Thank you for posting and keeping us all updated. May you all be blessed.

User

Thanks for the update.

Sorry if this was mentioned but does your brother not carry a firearm?

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast