Thread: GOSA structure

User

Default Re: GOSA structure

Nice to have you here.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Zoo Keeper View Post
    Fair question!

I've been on the sidelines for a couple of years - building the anger I suppose. In the process of deciding to buy a firearm I decided, given the press, to determine for myself whether gun control is a good idea and whether owning a firearm is a stupid idea.

I set about trying to prove to myself that gun ownership was bad (to prove my like for firearms wrong). I am a lawyer and so legal principle and constitutional law are pretty high up on my agenda too. Despite my best efforts I couldn't do it. The more I researched the more I learned the more concerned I became, and the more I came to thoroughly dislike GFSA.

GFSA is a front, and sometimes I don't think some of their board actually realize what they're doing (to be charitable). The legislation passed which GFSA lovingly endorses strikes at the heart of everything that 1994 achieved. For example it violates non-derogable rights (in a State of Emergency) in the Constitution. That's added to invasions of privacy, warrantless searches, arbitrary deprivation of property - basically the whole thing.

For me, I finally realized that gun control is actually the gold standard of true democracy, its the edge of the precipice where politicians begin to reserve more rights and power than they allow for their citizens. You move from real libertarian democracy to a form of political tyranny. In the UK you can be locked up for an "offensive comment" - seriously. Is that a free country - not a chance.

The media make a big fuss over the Secrecy Bill and freedom of speech, but they don't understand the real work of disenfranchisement is done under the banner of "public health".

SAGA were amazingly disappointing and I couldn't fathom why they were so incredibly ineffective, borderline collaborators in effect.

I guess finally I cracked; I just got too angry to stay on the sidelines any more.

I'm especially tired of the hypocrisy of using public health to promote policies which costs exponentially more lives and livelihoods than they allegedly save. GFSA is actually all about intimate femicide and teenage suicide - can you believe it? Whihc means one of things we need to co-opt victim support groups and show them the error of their ways, and take critical victim voices away from GFSA and into GOSA.

After the Anene Booysen murder, can you imagine the impact of a cheap poster campaign using some of Oleg Volk's stuff for example. "Don't be a victim" comes to mind. Many women who would have previously backed GFSA would have stopped to think: "Gee, what if I was Anene? I actually do need to protect myself". And then the tide starts turning our way, slowly but surely.

So I here I am to help out where I can: so we can win in the marketplace of ideas out there.
    Awesome! Thank you for the background Looking forward to hearing more from you and reading more of your posts.

This belongs in the intro I guess too haha

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Reawakening the necro-thread: Is there and East London chapter of GOSA?
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15