Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: America - Civil War II 1st phase has started

Quote Originally Posted by Johann du Toit View Post
    If George Floyd's death was caused by police brutality (and, based on news reports so far, that appears to be the case) then the police officers responsible need to be arrested and held criminally liable. If a crime is committed, those responsible need to be punished.
    TMK, they are investigated. Something like that takes time of course.
    The accused and his wife (reverse order). I read their is some separation/divorce issue right now (apparently initiated by her).

But what pisses me off is that some braindead morons think that this tragedy some legitimizes an angry mob going around, looting, burning destroying and hurting people who had nothing to do with Floyd's death. In what country in the world would this kind of behavior be considered even remotely acceptable? In what country in the world would this be considered "justice" (and for whom?)
    Not arguing with that.
    It makes it more difficult for the persecution btw. Because a conviction will now look pressured by the mob. Which may set an even more dangerous precedent.

Two wrongs do not make a right. End of story. It's exactly this kind of moral relativism and schizoid mentality that has sent human civilization going down the toilet in the 21st century.
    Punishing evil doers with something they perceive as an evil is the only humane solution in such cases. Applies to the cop as to the savages on the street now. America got some serious problems with its social design and practised values like so many other countries. So I'm not surprised what's coming their direction right now.

User

It has just been released that the attorney general has raised the charge against Derek Chauvin to 2nd degree murder. In order to get 1st degree the state would have to show that it was premeditated. Which I think in this case would be impossible since I do not believe Floyd's death was premeditated. They also have charged the other 3 officers on the scene.

ANTIFA has pretty much taken over the looting and rioting. They could care less about George Floyd or what happened to him. They're communist that want society to burn.

I do not believe this killing was racially motivated. Most people killed by police in the US are white. Last year around 500 people were killed by police, around 120 of those were black. Yes blacks make up 24% of those killed by police, which is disproportionate to their overall population. However, this is not out of proportion with the amount of crime committed by blacks.

Blacks in the US commit 27.4% of all crime and 38% of all violent crime. Both numbers are out of proportion to their population percentage. Most of these violent crimes are committed by young black males. These are just the facts. So is the US racist? I don't think so.

https://www.ojjdp.gov/ojstatbb/crime/ucr.asp?table_in=2

This of course is just the data. Correlation is not causation. But if we don't talk about the real problem and instead just jump to blaming it on racism, we're never going to solve the true problem.

The Great Society programs of the 1960's destroyed the black family. A majority of black families are now headed by single mothers. Single black females were incentivized to have and raise children out of wedlock. The majority of black males today are raised by these single mothers. The erosion of the family while affecting all races has had a disproportionate effect on the black community.

This is a problem. There are others, but this is a big part of the problem that's being absolutely ignored by the leftist. They'd much rather just blame it on racism.

User

User

So the Washington post found that more people where killed by police. I got my statistics from the FBI's website, which is also supposed to track accurate numbers. Interestingly enough they both came up with the same percentage.

"African Americans, however, account for 24 percent of those fatally shot and killed by the police despite being just 13 percent of the U.S. population."

To this I would say, African Americans commit 27% of all crimes, and 38% of all violent crimes. So the numbers bear out. There is not a racial quota system for crime. So stop comparing it to the overall population and using that figure to determine if what we are seeing is racism.

Compare it to the percentage of the population that commits crime. Are blacks who commit crime more likely than whites who commit crime to be killed by cops? The answer is no.

If society wants to question what is a legitimate use of force by police I think that's a fair question. But it doesn't involve racism. If society wants to ask why young black males commit a disproportionate percentage of crime and violent crime, I think that's a fair question. But again I don't think it involves racism.

These are the questions we should be asking, instead of screaming racism and calling it a day.

User

Trust the Washington Post to highlight the fact that black Americans are killed by police at a rate (per population) of more than twice that of white Americans which on its own looks terrible. If you correlate it with involvement in violent crime the rate of killing of white people by police is higher than that of black people. That will be conveniently ignored because it does not fit the racist narrative.

User

Quote Originally Posted by realkingkam View Post
    https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/03/p...ity/index.html

And not to mention the prison system too.
    As per my previous post. Where is the evidence in its entirety? Not cherry picked “facts” in an opinion based news cast which as I said I can find multiple sources on.

I mean real tangible evidence?

User

The problems that some black communities face are the same problems and challenges that many communities face.

President Obama addressed it in 2015, you have to listen to the entire speech to get the full picture of what he was saying.

It's not so different than what Tucker Carlson has been saying for years.

User

and here

and here

Screaming racism and playing identitarian politics is the game of choice by the political and economic elite. Divide and conquer. The rioters and looters are their useful idiots. Keep middle-class and poor blacks, whites, hispanics, and asians all fighting each other, so they don't unite and start demanding real change.

Impossible to justify the complexity that leads to all your statistics but enough research will show that through all the injustice that america has given the black people of that country ofcourse they will be prone to higher numbers of crime , there neighborhoods have been kept poor , flooded with narcotics , violently policed , fathers thrown in prison , education sub standard , and plenty more that stems from decades of oppression. The same thing for south Africans, years of oppression does not just go away it is sown into the fabric of a nation and the effects of it will be felt for many years to come, so easy for the get over it lobbyists to jump up and down or the statistical gurus to throw numbers at justification or the guilty to tow the innocence narrative,

To the chap who said i have a problem earlier, yes i do. I will not sit back and watch racism be defended and decades of oppression be overlooked.

To Qvox your far right narrative and evident agenda coupled with your previous error in defamatory labeling has left a bitter taste in my mouth that won't allow me to even consider any arguement you make to be legitimate , nevermind your choice of fox and friends as a source of reference, have you actually sat and listened to 99.99 percent of the shit that comes off that broadcast talk about deep state far right borderline extremism fake news propaganda.

Your insistent attempt to sway public view away from the facts is an insult to black Americans and more so black history by distorting facts and overlooking the root and cause and responses to those causes by your country and people is in itself more racist behaviour in my opinion.

But hey so long as there will be a defender of racist America on this thread i will be here to fact check and provide an alternative narrative for anyone interested in reading it. - (to the chap insinuating i have a narrative to push)

Furthermore I'm not looking to insight an emotional uproar merely participating in conversation that cannot be lob sided especially regarding a topic as important as this if you believe my views and opinions are not to your liking you are welcome to your opinions just know that mine will not change and i will respond accordingly every single time racist America is defended. Unless i get castrated by a moderator

Again.

Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast