Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Carbine advise

Default Re: Carbine advise

@soldierman: You dont get a second handgun because your EDC is an old handgun. If you are involved in a shooting your firearm is taken in for ballistics etc. With the way SAPS is you will be lucky if you get in a couple of months time. So then you will have a second EDC available.

User

Quote Originally Posted by phant1m View Post
    @soldierman: You dont get a second handgun because your EDC is an old handgun. If you are involved in a shooting your firearm is taken in for ballistics etc. With the way SAPS is you will be lucky if you get in a couple of months time. So then you will have a second EDC available.
    Wisdom.

User

You should also be shooting your defensive handguns frequently. This adds up quickly if you only have one and the risk of a part failure goes up. If you spread practice and handgun shooting over two handguns which can both be used for SD, you have much less risk.

Gunner_dad you said earlier you want it for Centerfire Rapid shooting @25m or @50m but then later you say you want it for 'tactical shooting'. Tactical shooting isn't really a defined thing but its probably not Rapid at @25m as presented by your association.

You're probably thinking of the type of shooting done more in IPSC rifle, 3 GN or DMG that involves efficient movement and various targets and ranges. I suggest getting clarity with the sport and division you actually want to shoot and compete in. We can't tell you what the 'best' is with such vague requirements.

There's regular 3GN shoots at Cecil Payne with TacShac. IPSC has a mini rifle division for .22. PCC is also a good option with growing popularity

User

I assume the Centrefire Rapid shooting @25m and 50m is the exercise (Natshoot?) that will be used in the motivation?

Quote Originally Posted by phant1m View Post
    Yes I know I stated as much in my post, did you read it fully?

User

Hi SLR

Sorry if have not responded to to your comment straight away.

I went and did some shooting plus reading i have decided that the 3 gun shoot is what i would love to get involved in. i will definitely attending one of their 3 gun shoots just to get a idea on how the range setup etc works .

User

Hi B20

you are right sorry i just did not know before what i wanted to do after a chatting to peace officer and some other guys i pumped the brakes went back did some home work and now know what i want to do .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3