Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Lessons learned from KZN Riots

Quote Originally Posted by noost View Post
    From what I gather is that the looters were only pawns, chess pieces to be moved around as they were needed.

Why attack community radio stations, factories and farms? No free shit there.

The fotos I have seen there were uniformed males and female "corporals" in the croweds to keep it moving. Who were they?
    The two townships in our area destroyed the mall and all the mini businesses around it

looting I understand because who doesn't want free shit, the burning was 100% mentality issues and guys being pissed as farts.

Funny how shopping trolleys of whiskey cured peoples hunger lol

User

The riots never got too close to our area.

Since the riots I started to really sharpen my toolbox and build on preparedness as best I can with the budget & time I have. I really do not think that you can be fully prepared and think it is important to have at least plan A & B and some kind of adaptable mindset. And just hope you have covered enough to help you & yours out of harms way.

Should law enforcement be better equipped this time round to hold the line, and should that line be broken, I think the laws of the jungle will quickly apply - eat or be eaten.

User

I seriously doubt that law enforcement will amount to anything (except perhaps to "prosecute" the civilians).

Sad reality, most civilians also, couldn't be bothered. Even those who stepped up last time, I doubt that many have been to the shooting range more than once or twice, since then.

User

Quote Originally Posted by inanabhay View Post
    I seriously doubt that law enforcement will amount to anything (except perhaps to "prosecute" the civilians).

Sad reality, most civilians also, couldn't be bothered. Even those who stepped up last time, I doubt that many have been to the shooting range more than once or twice, since then.
    The sad reality is that those civilians that stepped up last time where under investigation, so this time round because it will Happen again, they might not step up and can you blame them.

I am from Phoenix. And the riots had a big impact for us on various levels including psychologically.. Now days, just talk about rioting and rain is like PTSD... It's crazy..

The bottom line, the government and its security sectors have failed these communities, end of story. They came once everything was over.. Literally...

Comnunity leaders also emerged from these riots and local governments elections in these communities will hopefully change going forward.

Me personally I was caught with my pants down, nothing other than a handgun with a limited amount of ammo... I have started mending this mistake, be sure that when that time comes no amount of fear will stop me from protecting me and my family..

Sent from my PPA-LX2 using Tapatalk

User

Who in KZN has installed back up water since the floods?

Again, not many

The mind shift back to normality is waaaaaay to easy in SA because we are so accustomed to ignorance in leadership and the general violent mentality we live with on a daily basis.

We had 16 days no water, and that was minimal in comparison to others, but it was SHIT

ammo, water, food, back up power. REQUIREMENTS for what SA has become

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAMCK View Post
    Who in KZN has installed back up water since the floods?

Again, not many

The mind shift back to normality is waaaaaay to easy in SA because we are so accustomed to ignorance in leadership and the general violent mentality we live with on a daily basis.

We had 16 days no water, and that was minimal in comparison to others, but it was SHIT

I've started on the water and have about 3000lts of clean drinking water stored already.
    2 x 20lt Jerry cans of petrol for the generator
    And standard food stufs stored away

User

Quote Originally Posted by noost View Post
    From what I gather is that the looters were only pawns, chess pieces to be moved around as they were needed.

Why attack community radio stations, factories and farms? No free shit there.

The fotos I have seen there were uniformed males and female "corporals" in the croweds to keep it moving. Who were they?

Yes, your assessment is spot on, the majority were just pawns.
    The general idea was to create a breakdown of law and order (it actually exposed the lack of it), hence the burning of agricultural land and radio stations. Normal coup's go for TV stations but the idea is to control the airwaves as a medium of communication.

This is all standard dogma from political science 101. Make the comfortable feel uncomfortable and the uncomfortable feel comfortable. Standard fare for some hooligans parading as political parties and their legal wing.

So to play the game you need to know the rules: The SAHRcommisars investigated the victims of the fiasco as opposed to the perpetrators, as an example. People have been jailed, died in jail waiting bail etc. Just no instigators brought to book.

User

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAMCK View Post
    People just don't get this.

We are weeks away, if not days from no water in PE, yet people still do nothing about it. I get that not everyone has the finances to go out and buy a water tank, but i know people that are relatively well off and they just don't seem to worry.

The days of not being self sufficient are gone and you now need to be your own first responder.

This thread has been very enlightening, thank you to everyone that has shared their experiences.

On the 1st night there were about 6500 members on Zello reporting incidents and seeking assistance from various areas. Law enforcement was nowhere to be seen. The CPF usually has "operation exit" where all entrances are manned and monitored. This was put into operation on a 24 hour basis and all traffic monitored. The informal settlements were advised not to loot or destroy infrastructure because when they have fires etc its the community that provides them with relief. Some businesses on the periphery of the area were looted. The community rallied around providing bread, milk and other necessities. These were left at checkpoints for people to share. Some members did run out of meds as couriers weren't able to bring these from JHB but alternatives were found. If you shoot regularly you should have enough ammo available. People did run low on fuel but patrollers were given priority at service stations. But it's always wise to have sufficient fuel. Looters were also scared of being shot so they backed off when they saw the "big guns". Lots of people were prepared because of the "first lockdown" and has stored the basic necessities. Lessons learnt: keep a sufficient supply of the necessities you require eg. medication, soap, beverages, milk, flour, toothpaste, toilet rolls, canned food, potatoes ,onions and frozen food etc, always have ammo available in the popular calibres, 9mmp, 5,56x45, 12 gauge. Vigilantism was discouraged as many people without CPF experience decided to get involved. Weapons were not openly brandished. Because of the constant disruptions to the water supply I have installed a JoJo tank that holds a few thousand litres and it has a pump. I am now considering an energy source eg, generator, UPS, invertor etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ady View Post
    People just don't get this.

We are weeks away, if not days from no water in PE, yet people still do nothing about it. I get that not everyone has the finances to go out and buy a water tank, but i know people that are relatively well off and they just don't seem to worry.

The days of not being self sufficient are gone and you now need to be your own first responder.

This thread has been very enlightening, thank you to everyone that has shared their experiences.
    It's called Normalcy Bias, people think things will stay the way they have always been, because that is all they know.

Of course this is not only logically flawed thinking, but can be dangerous to your wellbeing on many levels.

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast