Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Huntex 2022

User

Default Re: Huntex 2022

Quote Originally Posted by S14Phoenix View Post
    Is this now the body armor full of spare mags and airsoft AR15 wielding airsoft plastic rambos where seen trotting around like they are expecting Russians to storm the expo at any time... I was laughing so much I nearly tripped over the Persian rugs that was on display.
    Hahaha, where there persian rugs too? My word, I'd be annoyed with all that sort of stuff if I had to fork out for a ticket.

User

Quote Originally Posted by S14Phoenix View Post
    Is this now the body armor full of spare mags and airsoft AR15 wielding airsoft plastic rambos where seen trotting around like they are expecting Russians to storm the expo at any time... I was laughing so much I nearly tripped over the Persian rugs that was on display.
    The Airsoft range was actually a very very big hit this year. They had some of the airsoft clubs and a few milsim guys attending with matches through the day. They talking of expanding the Airsoft arena next year as it was such a success. Keep in mind again, one of the largest exhibitors is blades and triggers, and they do lots of the Airsoft stuff..

User

Quote Originally Posted by Antlion View Post
    The Airsoft range was actually a very very big hit this year. They had some of the airsoft clubs and a few milsim guys attending with matches through the day. They talking of expanding the Airsoft arena next year as it was such a success. Keep in mind again, one of the largest exhibitors is blades and triggers, and they do lots of the Airsoft stuff..
    The only reason I cant stand blades and triggers is because they sell airsoft toys as self defense weapons to the gullible and naïve

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    The only reason I cant stand blades and triggers is because they sell airsoft toys as self defense weapons to the gullible and naïve
    To be fair, some gunshops do exactly the same!

User

Quote Originally Posted by curious george View Post
    To be fair, some gunshops do exactly the same!
    So my early years at Huntex thats what I picked up. They sell them because there's a huge market for them. Plenty guys are willing to "buy it for defense at the house or farm". Usually it's for the guys wife or girlfriend.. I have lost count how many times I have been asked for " skull crusher's" and solids.

User

This doesn't in any way encourage me to attend. Sounds like a cosplay convention in the making.

This is in away Sad if the big hit at a Huntex Firearm expo is actually airsoft.

Dont get me wrong. Ive played my fair share of airsoft. But the biggest hit at a firearm expo should be firearms. Not fake firearm toys.

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    This is in away Sad if the big hit at a Huntex Firearm expo is actually airsoft.Dont get me wrong. Ive played my fair share of airsoft. But the biggest hit at a firearm expo should be firearms. Not fake firearm toys.
    If you look at the exhibitor list at Huntex over the years, it has always been more than just firearms. At previous huntex's I can recall pots,flip flops, food processors, socks, and clothes hangers being sold in between by exhibitors. .I see where the sentiments are coming from but the organisers try to cater for a wide variety of visitors. Blades and triggers as an example has been there from the first Huntex and go see how busy the Airsoft and paintball departments are every year...

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    But the biggest hit at a firearm expo should be firearms. Not fake firearm toys.
    Agree strongly.

The first Huntex where we had shooting ranges operating n the building was amazing. We ran a small (built out of sandbags) SADPA (they were a 'thing' back then) range which was literally jam-packed non-stop. The rifle range (with 50 cal) was also very busy. Then someone shot a concrete column with the 50 cal and they didn't have shooting ranges the next year... and it was downhill from there...

The last year GOSA attended we spent the whole time staring at the guys opposite us selling wooden watches and kitchen utensils, shaking our heads.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

If you look at the exhibitor list at Huntex over the years, it has always been more than just firearms. At previous huntex's I can recall pots,flip flops, food processors, socks, and clothes hangers being sold in between by exhibitors. .I see where the sentiments are coming from but the organisers try to cater for a wide variety of visitors. Blades and triggers as an example has been there from the first Huntex and go see how busy the Airsoft and paintball departments are every year...

ITs fine. But again. The main focus and star attractions should be firearms. Not the others. The others are fine. But Firearms should be at forefront and its accessories.

Would be nice if for example Frankford Arsenal was there showing their new X10 press. Or someone from Hornady showing their new line up. Or the new Dillon what ever they have thats new on the market. Not the old same old stuff thats in the shop.

I dont expect Hornady or Dillon as example to fly someone over with new stuff. But surely they can send new stuff to showcase to the local main importer.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast