Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Pistol sights install

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoFace View Post
    Lmao I’d have done that too by now
    Agreed. Dirk has the patience of Job..

User

Yeah well, I probably have too much patience but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now. They got the gun when the shit hit the fan in GP and I was told things were crazy then so I'll give them that week. That leaves the past week. I'll phone again tomorrow and if I don't get a response, it's on...

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

User

You really are being buggered around.

Naming and shaming only works on people who can feel shame. My experience of people who have a wide say/do gap is that they are often shame proof.

Ouch.

User

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    You really are being buggered around.

Naming and shaming only works on people who can feel shame. My experience of people who have a wide say/do gap is that they are often shame proof.
    I agree which is why I'm not keen to name and shame, they won't care. Big chain stores (multiple store) like these guys don't care about one guy complaining about bad service on a forum. And it's not like you can avoid buying from them, they have everything...

Got an update, my handgun should be couriered from them by Monday.

User

They also have your blaster as a hostage;-)

Good news, hope its been properly sorted. This sort of shit frustrates me no end and it's why I spend ridiculous amounts of time and money tooling and skilling up to do stuff myself.

Finding an artisan nowadays is hard and finding a competent one who has the smallest amount of pride in what they do even harder. As a hacksaw, file and hammer level gun tinkerer, if that abortion left my workshop I'd suffer an embarrassment embolism.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Quote Originally Posted by DirkB View Post
    Good morning everyone. So I mulled over posting this for some time but I'm still curious to know your opinion. I had sights installed at a reputable gun shop with an in house gunsmith. I have done it myself, many times before without an issues but I was there and I thought hey, why not let the professionals do it.. I installed the sights on my first handgun, a Vektor SP2, my G19, G17, G29 both my S&W M&P Pro, my wife's G26 andI didn't damage any of them, not a scratch.

So I had it done by the pro's and the result is as in the photos. Should I just grow a sack and get over it or would you be pissed too?

Dirk, if the gun has not be worked on as yet, call and stop anything from being done.

You and the management must come to an agreement on the damage by discounting the sights or some monetary value as compensation.

Those marks are nothing and will soon be badges of been there done that.

NOTHING will beat the HK HE finish and trust me I have been there and have a T-shirt too.
    live out your imagination , not your history.

I think you can tell us now? Might prevent few others from the same problem?

User

Quote Originally Posted by KK20 View Post
    Dirk, if the gun has not be worked on as yet, call and stop anything from being done.

You and the management must come to an agreement on the damage by discounting the sights or some monetary value as compensation.

Those marks are nothing and will soon be badges of been there done that.

NOTHING will beat the HK HE finish and trust me I have been there and have a T-shirt too.
    Unfortunately they have already done Cerakoating on it... Let's see what shows up next week and I'll take it from there...

User

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoFace View Post
    I think you can tell us now? Might prevent few others from the same problem?
    The gunsmith they have at their main store is very competent and as I found out later, he wasn't there that day which is why this happened. I'm sure if he was, it would not have because I know of guys who have had Sights installed there without issue by him. It's not out of Sheer spite I'm not naming and shaming.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast