Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Default Re: Elon Musk's Twitter purchase

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    I've recently, i.e. this morning, developed an interest in getting a Twitter account for the first time so I can watch first hand how the leftards melt down about a Libertarian free speech advocate taking over their playpen, promising a reduction in censorship open sourcing the engine room.

Sadly Twitter has enormous influence over people, especially those in the developed West, so I'm calling this a good thing at this stage. Any reduction in the unfettered ability for the hard left to brainwash by pushing their line and suppressing any opposing views without oversight or restriction must be a good thing.
    The left are going apeshit:

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...t_in_life.html

https://www.investopedia.com/ask/ans...make-money.asp

I also just read this. They make massive losses. In a normal world you would think this means Bankrupt and worth nothing. But guess accounting is not at all what they taught us in school. lol

Doesn't the sale still need to be approved?

Would be great though if Musk could shove a big pole up the left's collective ass.
    Amazing that these libtards can't get their head around freedom of speech for everyone.

User

Quote Originally Posted by MSW2 View Post
    So you are the swallowing type then?
    I suppose using 'swallow' and 'Russell Brand' in the same sentence was . . . . iffy.

User

I would not be surprised if Musk is doing this primarily as a service to western democracy. There is absolutely no doubt that he could invest in a large number of alternatives that would provide real returns now. Twitter stock is trading far ahead of its actual earnings. Hope he makes it into a real town square of ideas AND makes a bomb doing it.

User

I suppose using 'swallow' and 'Russell Brand' in the same sentence was . . . . iffy.
    Yip. The short in my brain took place immediately upon reading it :)

User

Not that I use it but Netflix also requires a purge. Elon appears to have his sights set on that too… watch this space.

User

Fucking around with MePoo and his Dogecoin theatrics have me doubting if Elon is as level headed as many assume he is.

I don’t think he’s level-headed at all. He’s pretty arrogant with a rebellious streak and don’t-give-a-fuck attitude, playing games with the crypto markets and naming his kid some unpronouncable shit.

He does appear to lean more towards free-market principles and freedom of speech. The last one is freaking out the news outlets who thought that freedom of speech has been quashed as “dangerous” with covid misinformation repression etc.

I really like that the topic is raised on a platform that was regarded by the left as their strongest platform for “cancelling” persons, businesses and ideas. The whole idea that someone used the free market to make money and then buy their platform from underneath them fills me with joy.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

Easy tiger. One swallow does not a summer make but as long as you don't post a video from Russel Brand I think we'll be able to keep this going ;-).
    Shots fired brah!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast