Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thread removal

User

Default Thread removal

Hi guys,

I seem to be running into a fair bit of opposition regarding my promotion of local business. If admins could explain what I'm doing that you don't like, that would be great.

This effort is one that comes out of my own pocket and time, the only benefit I get from it is knowing that I'm helping the Outdoor community.

Considering what a disaster the current policies have been for SMME's, I was hoping for support and I'm pretty surprised that it was shutdown with out so much as a reason.

Cheers, looking forward to hearing what you guys have to say.

User

Default Re: Thread removal

Isn’t this forum also an SMME?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    Hi guys,

I seem to be running into a fair bit of opposition regarding my promotion of local business. If admins could explain what I'm doing that you don't like, that would be great.

This effort is one that comes out of my own pocket and time, the only benefit I get from it is knowing that I'm helping the Outdoor community.

Considering what a disaster the current policies have been for SMME's, I was hoping for support and I'm pretty surprised that it was shutdown with out so much as a reason.

Cheers, looking forward to hearing what you guys have to say.
    Southpaw, it has happened before. The reason is not always clear.

Two things come to mind:

1. "On behalf of ..." advertsing and -sales are generally not allowed. Sometimes there are other reasons.

2. One of the rules is that moderators can remove a thread without having to give a reason.

User

Think one of the reason is that there is other businesses on here that pays to play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Ag, people must do what they think is right. It may very well be an isolated incident, but I do think it's a pity that we aren't going out of our way to help and promote "family owned" businesses in our community.

I've been a part of this forum for almost 10 years and while things have changed, I'd like to know that we are still looking to be supportive of one another- increase "local" wealth, encourage a sense of community and invariable create a chance for greater job creation.

Regardless of whether or not I can share it on the forum, I would still like to know if anyone has suggestions of local businesses they think deserve some publicity. Literally anything to do with the outdoors will do. If they make vellies, socks, gun bags or shirts, fishing baits, projectiles or camping trailers, I want to know about it, please.

I won't share the reviews here then, but I value what the forum individuals have to say and I'd like to hear your suggestions.

Ag, people must do what they think is right. It may very well be an isolated incident, but I do think it's a pity that we aren't going out of our way to help and promote "family owned" businesses in our community.

I've been a part of this forum for almost 10 years and while things have changed, I'd like to know that we are still looking to be supportive of one another- increase "local" wealth, encourage a sense of community and invariable create a chance for greater job creation.

Regardless of whether or not I can share it on the forum, I would still like to know if anyone has suggestions of local businesses they think deserve some publicity. Literally anything to do with the outdoors will do. If they make vellies, socks, gun bags or shirts, fishing baits, projectiles or camping trailers, I want to know about it, please.

I won't share the reviews here then, but I value what the forum individuals have to say and I'd like to hear your suggestions.
    This site isn't free to run. Moderators get huge salaries and benefits. The site owners live in Monaco. Those things aren't cheap.

Seriously though, the site supports itself through advertising revenue. That's why it can be free to users.

As a side issue, why is it, if you have been a part of this forum for 10 years does your join date reflect as 2018. Did you have another account?
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

However noble your intention by offering, at no cost, your time and (money?), don’t you think that it is wrong to offer someone else’s time and money for free without them at least agreeing to it?

Almost like lefty wealthy college students in the USA who wholeheartedly support free education for people who can’t afford it, then backtrack when the proposal is made that they as “privileged” students should pay more to cover the costs for the “less privileged”.

If you don’t buy a ticket, you can’t see the show.

I am in no way connected to the management of this page. Just my perspective.

Companies are mentioned all the time but to create a thread that advertises suppliers who do not support this forum is a bit cheeky. And if they are active in outdoor supplies but unwilling to check this forum out then why should they be advertised. Maybe a 101 in marketing would do them a better service.

User

TDSA, you should all buy from them

Not really.

User

Indeed. Ended up making a new account because I was having issues with the old email address, if I remember correctly?

In reference to the question regarding my join date.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast