Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Wild animals in the city

Quote Originally Posted by Kola View Post
    We have a stokstertmeerkat which visits often (possibly for the dog food), and I have caught and relocated one boomslang, one cape cobra and a few mole snakes from the garden to Koeberg reserve.

And once a large baboon spider (that is what I think it was from what I could see).

In the local golf estate, Atlantic Beach where we also lived there was an issue with caracal catching the domestic cats, not sure if that is still around.

Edge of Melkbosstrand.
    I have it on good authority that cats are still disappearing in Atlantic Beach estate.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Brendank View Post
    I have it on good authority that cats are still disappearing in Atlantic Beach estate.
    Domestic cats kill a lot of birds and small wildlife, maybe this is just the wild animals retaliating.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Nashtims. View Post
    Last week I had a monkey (I think it was a Vervet) in my lounge. I don’t know how good their sense of smell is but we had bought bananas the day before.

I was working and caught some movement out the corner of my eye. The movement continued and when I looked up I saw this fellow. He had strolled in the front door and was walking through to the kitchen. No haste Just walking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    To save yourself a lot of trouble, don't scare it or throw a rubber snake at it, because it will crap all over your place as it makes for a exit. Man does that crap stink.

User

Quote Originally Posted by TStone View Post
    Domestic cats kill a lot of birds and small wildlife, maybe this is just the wild animals retaliating.
    Indeed so... I still like old puddy-tat though.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    To save yourself a lot of trouble, don't scare it or throw a rubber snake at it, because it will crap all over your place as it makes for a exit. Man does that crap stink.
    Bingo. They are destructive little bastards that I have little time for. .22LR to the head.

User

Just spotted the little stokstertmeerkat now again, he seems to live in the storm water system using the opening next to our driveway.

User

There was a Rooihartbees roaming Centurion for the past few days made the news this morning.

There's a hippo wandering around Fourways the past several days, Chartwell area I believe...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GunEmoji View Post
    There's a hippo wandering around Fourways the past several days, Chartwell area I believe...
    And even taking a bath in someone's pool

Quote Originally Posted by BBT View Post
    And even taking a bath in someone's pool
    About 10-15 years back a hippo was found near Verulam in kzn. Some kid was feeding this wild hippo for days before it was shot...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast