Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Default Re: population versus society behavior

I think the basic point is that when a population exceeds a certain number it is increasingly unable to function.
    I think humans are a far more complex example, but look at the Roman empire, and various other major dynasties throughout history, they were all demolished from within.
    You can already see the decline in morals and empathy, especially in the west, as more people fight for the same resources. Couple this with a set of very 'woke' unhelpful ideologies, like allowing trans men to compete as women in sports (for example)
    or allowing kids to use puberty blockers as well as giving them the option to be male or female, in direct contradiction to their actual biological gender, and you have a recipe for disaster.
    Unfortunately, it's not going to get any better.

Banned

its may years later and still intrigued.

Banned

Some thoughts:

If things go too well in a society, folks have not much to strive for. It means that they have time at hand for "luxuries" like sitting around and letting their thoughts go. As time goes on, thoughts turn more inwards, and this results in the occurrence of certain rights.

A similar thing happens in ethics. To get things done, we need rules.
    As soon as the goal is achieved, the rules have no reason to exist, and things come apart. This results in immorality as well as decadence.

User

The whole world has gone from being fucked in 2019 to being cluster fucked now, the West specifically, all the gender shit and people identifying as something they are not and then society having to respect that and actually tolerating it.
    I would rather live were I am, in this crime ridden dysfunctional country at the southern tip of Africa, than in western first world countries due to what I mentioned above, but its only a matter of time before we also fall I guess, but things have always worked different here so who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    Some thoughts:

If things go too well in a society, folks have not much to strive for. It means that they have time at hand for "luxuries" like sitting around and letting their thoughts go. As time goes on, thoughts turn more inwards, and this results in the occurrence of certain rights.

A similar thing happens in ethics. To get things done, we need rules.
    As soon as the goal is achieved, the rules have no reason to exist, and things come apart. This results in immorality as well as decadence.
    Its like that Dubai Sheikh sais " my ancestors rode camels my successors will ride camels again - difficulty makes strong men and easy times weak men.
    Something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    **************************************Its like that Dubai Sheikh sais " my ancestors rode camels my successors will ride camels again - difficulty makes strong men and easy times weak men.Something like that.
    It's called, Darwin's theory of evolution.

This reminds me of what some call the 7 stages of Empire. America seems like it is in stage 7.

7 Stages of Empire

A Cautionary Pattern in History

My undergraduate degree is in History. I’m a management consultant by training. And my God is a God of order. All of these incline me to view things in terms of structures, systems, patterns, cycles and processes. They are observable to those who would see bigger pictures.

One such observer was Sir John Bagot Glubb. Army General and historian, he studied eleven empires starting with the Assyrians in 859 B.C. and ending with the British in 1950 A.D. Sir John determined that each followed a remarkably similar pattern from birth to demise. Spanning a period of about ten generations, each went through 7 Stages of Empire:

1. The Age of Pioneers (Outburst)
    2. The Age of Conquests
    3. The Age of Commerce
    4. The Age of Affluence
    5. The Age of Intellect
    6. The Age of Decadence
    7. The Age of Decline & Collapse

More

Banned

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    This reminds me of what some call the 7 stages of Empire. America seems like it is in stage 7.

7 Stages of Empire

A Cautionary Pattern in History

My undergraduate degree is in History. I’m a management consultant by training. And my God is a God of order. All of these incline me to view things in terms of structures, systems, patterns, cycles and processes. They are observable to those who would see bigger pictures.

One such observer was Sir John Bagot Glubb. Army General and historian, he studied eleven empires starting with the Assyrians in 859 B.C. and ending with the British in 1950 A.D. Sir John determined that each followed a remarkably similar pattern from birth to demise. Spanning a period of about ten generations, each went through 7 Stages of Empire:

1. The Age of Pioneers (Outburst)
    2. The Age of Conquests
    3. The Age of Commerce
    4. The Age of Affluence
    5. The Age of Intellect
    6. The Age of Decadence
    7. The Age of Decline & Collapse

More

MAKES SENSE, ALMOST OBVIOUS.

Banned

Mankind has succumbed to this cycle quite a few times.

The harsh part is that we are on the brink of collapse. My grandchildren will probably not believe when I tell them about the things we knew as children.

Can one break this chain? Or can we only prepare our descendants to survive their ordeal?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast