Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    User

Quote Originally Posted by Richard83 View Post
    Has anyone used rescomps gun cleaning solvent?
    Talking about the spray? I found it excellent. Used it on my racegun because there were a lot of places I could not get into. Used quite a bit, so wasn't cheap.

User

Default Re: Best Gun Cleaning Solvent and KIT

Quote Originally Posted by MJC View Post
    hi guys.. what is wrong with Ram trisol product??
    It cleans very well in hard-to-reach places. There will always be Trisol in my gun case, but it's a crap lube and doesn't clean everything. The reacheable parts are cleaned with Eezox as it forms a film on the metal (and bonds with it) and works best against rust. Slip2000 is the only lube I've found so far that does not fade when it dries in a hot gun. Even Rescomp's SpeedMetal lube runs dry easily and results in a less smooth operating weapon.

User

new product now available locally is excellent...FIRECLEAN .IT CLEANS LUBES AND PREVENTS S121 FROM STICKING ...REALLY WIPES OFF.
    RECENT HUNT AND I APLIED IT TO THE BOLT ACTION ON A TIKKA WHICH HAS A SMOOTH ACTION..THE IMPROVEMENT WAS UNREAL .ALSO MADE MY VOERE 7X57 ACTION SMOOTHER..GREAT PRODUCT...GREAT FOR AR15s

User

OK, to revive this thread - I have found some posts in this and other threads that say RAM Trisol is good and some that say it is bad. I have always found it OK as a cleaning fluid and then I lube with something else afterwards. This however was on an aluminium frame with a steel slide.

I now have a polymer framed pistol.

My question is (and it has been asked several times but I do not see a definitive answer anywhere) is the RAM Trisol safe to use with a polymer frame ? I also cannot find a manufacturer website that may have answered my question.

I have recently also started to use Slip 2000 and Eezox. The Eezox I use to clean and treat the outside of the barrel and the slide as well as the slide lock. The Slip 2000 I put tiny drops on the metal portions of the frame that slide in grooves on the slide. I gather from other posts that both these lubricants are polymer safe if I should get some on the pistol frame or grip, but I am still not sure about the RAM Trisol. To explain why I use all three, I just feel I can slosh the Trisol around more liberally while cleaning carbon and dust etc off the various parts and then use the more expensive lubricants more sparingly thereafter.

User

What is the general consensus on Kroil and Ballistol?

I currently use Kroil on a cloth to wipe my barrels and frames prior to storing and so far have not had issues with rust as I used to.

I clean with RHT Super Gun Cleaner and lube with RHT Speed Metal.

User

I think everyone should own Ballistol. It can even be used to clean wounds in an emergency.

That being said, I don't own Ballistol. Yet. I work all my weapons, rifles and knives included, with Eezox and Slip2000's EWL.

User

I have used Trisol for a year now on my Glock, and it hasn't melted yet. I recently started to use Slip2000 for lubing, and Trisol for cleaning/coating. general areas

User

Started using Fireclean on my pistol and must say so far I am very impressed it cleans and lubricates, fast. Slide runs very smooth.

For barrels Hoppes No 9 till clean and dry, wet patch Ballistol then dry then safe.

User

Quote Originally Posted by SafeAction View Post
    I have used Trisol for a year now on my Glock, and it hasn't melted yet. I recently started to use Slip2000 for lubing, and Trisol for cleaning/coating. general areas
    Thanks SA, finally an answer.

In the meantime I have learnt of another few solvents/lubes : Kroil, the RHT products, Ballistol, Fireclean & Hoppes.

User

Quote Originally Posted by HadEnuf View Post
    Thanks SA, finally an answer.

In the meantime I have learnt of another few solvents/lubes : Kroil, the RHT products, Ballistol, Fireclean & Hoppes.

If you get some Ballistol later on, have a look at: ] also safe on Glocks

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast