Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Awesome

User

Default Re: Awesome

Some of us are working very hard at not getting DQ'ed at Southern Nationals.

I am very happy to see people champing at the bit as it were - more details will follow in due course.
    [b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bokman View Post
    I would also like to get involved.
    See uBestRi's post. I suspect the model GOSA is aiming for will involve YOU having to start writing letters. Why not start now? Take GFSA's rubbish point by point, research (try to cite academic papers/books, most sites about gun rights will have these), write, post and let us know where so as to support you with comments on the blog/shares on Facebook/whatever. If you're worried about grammar, have Skaaphaas proofread it.

Seriously though, I think several people would be willing to proofread something and suggest improvements. The hard work is researching and writing it.

Manservant's effort caused quite a stir, be the next celeb

User

I'm almost done with my letter to A Altbeker, would some upstanding, good writing person please offer to proof read it and to offer advise and even add suggestions.
    Thanks

Less talk and more action ... where do we sign up and where can I have a look at the structure?

User

Quote Originally Posted by uBestRi View Post
    I'm almost done with my letter to A Altbeker, would some upstanding, good writing person please offer to proof read it and to offer advise and even add suggestions.
    Thanks
    Are you comfortable in posting it on the open forum? Or do you want a private proof reading?

...I didn't mean to make it sound as dirty as it does

User

I was thinking private. It's more cozy ha ha ha

At the risk of being labelled a "naysayer" may I just chirp a bit here?

I am not against GOSA changing course in the least, but "Awesome" would have been if the original strategy of a many pronged attack, including the light footed and reactionary GOSA, coupled with the power to influence and if need be litigate SAGA, had evolved into its true potential. Awesome too, would have been if gun owners had come in numbers to make this happen when our petition against SAGA was running on Gunsite. Just look here for where that ended : http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/show...398#post531398

Yes, a paltry 183 signatures! After I had it circulated to EVERY CHASA association, Frank made it a compulsory stop or everyone logging into Gunsite, every conceivable gun & hunting Facebook page had links to it.....

Now there's a strategy to change anti gun folk, starting with GFSA by lobbying & letter writing? Well, SAGA has just FIVE trustees. They are "supposedly" on our side, and most of us who engaged them directly (Myself, Martin Hood, Chas Lotter, Stefano Pillar, Frank Haas etc) are members and even their legal advisor/spokesman and a trustee. AND WE COULD NOT CHANGE JACK! If we cannot fix ourselves, how are we going to fix society's views, let alone anti gun activists.....

There is a litany of posts here over the last year or so all amounting to less than a hill of beans. The best GOSA will get out of this is perhaps a few new able folk in their ranks, and that would be great, but this will not be a ground breaking, fundamental shift, towards a strong South African gun lobby. Things are going too swimmingly right now for the sheeple to care enough for that..

Further reading:
    http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/show...a-SAGA-Trustee

http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/show...-SAGA-trustees

http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/show...-SAGA-Trustees

http://www.gunsite.co.za/content/new...f-the-members/
    Last edited by Stephen Palos; 24-03-2014 at 18:11.
    How seriously can you take an anonymous poster...?

User

Paul/GOSA

I think there are better writers than me on GS. However, I work a lot with ads and other marketing activities. I'm willing to brainstorm any marketing ideas you guys might have. Feel free to PM me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Palos View Post
    At the risk of being labelled a "naysayer" may I just chirp a bit here?

Things are going too swimmingly right now for the sheeple to care enough for that..
    You might think, Stephen, that we'd take exception to that. I can't speak for my associates of course, but I take your point perfectly. In fact I'm the guy who, more than any, has complained bitterly at the idleness of the majority. I took a lot of flak on Gunsite for saying exactly that, twice. GOSA is under no illusion about the difficulties. It will be a huge stretch to expand our model to the extent needed. We are doing it because of a clear demand for leadership in the vacuum left by SAGA. Even Martin Hood has laid it at our door. Please remember that GOSA never wished for SAGA's failure. We felt that it was in everyone's interest that SAGA's membership base and infrastructure should survive, hopefully as a basis for something better, rather than re-invent the wheel. We were happy that our small organisation was punching above its weight, and were not looking for this. No formal policy statement has yet been issued because we never needed one and are right now putting something together. We feel obliged to make the effort. Only time will tell how it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by uBestRi View Post
    Thanks
    Quality prose is not a requirement. It improves with practice. Delivering the message is the important thing, even if its not perfect.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast