Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Re: Any Collectors out there ?

Hi, just a brief note from Queenstown, last month, I attended an AGM for this Association down in East London, since then I have been busy sorting out my application to submit to them to hopefully become a member, still just have to obtain one more testimonial and then type a letter from me what I want to become a member.

However the guys down in east London seem like real Gentlemen.
    8)

Quote Originally Posted by Tamboekie
    Hi, just a brief note from Queenstown, last month, I attended an AGM for this Association down in East London, since then I have been busy sorting out my application to submit to them to hopefully become a member, still just have to obtain one more testimonial and then type a letter from me what I want to become a member.

However the guys down in east London seem like real Gentlemen.
    8)
    Greetings, i matriculated from Queens in 1995 and stayed on in QTN for the next two years, since moved to EL, im sure you and i may very well know one another, im a collector and would be happy to help where i can, PM inbound...

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

guns of the BRITISH RAJ
    BOER WARS
    and AMERICAN CIVIL WAR And THE OPENING OF THE WEST!

basically anything that goes bang - i was told by the commitee and thus had to fine tune each category
    live out your imagination , not your history.

I wonder would the category "weapons used in the Iraqi Insurgency" be accepted? with the second category of "Weapons Used in the Afghanistan Insurgency circa 1970 to 2010" and then of course "Glock pistols!"
    I am studying an awesome brand of leg fighting which was inspired by dung beetles and I think my brand of Kraft Manure is superior to all other styles ever invented. Furthermore I challenge all other manurists to a rolling contest where we shall establish whose manure ball is the biggest! I shall call it Honest Kraft Manure and declare it superior to all other brands of manure and will tell you that I have claimed the lineage directly to Imshi the great Dragon Kru Master Beetler who invented manuring, by gathering all manure from different animals together and making it work as the worlds most effective fertilizer. I proved myself by being members of not one but three super elite special gardening departments who were responsible for spreading manure to combat weed infestations!

Hi abhm

I don't think it will be a problem, but I would suggest change it to "Copies of........", otherwise you will have to prove that the specific weapon was in some way or another used in that conflict. My "Glock pistols" theme was accepted. ;D
    Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving with a well preserved body...

abhm,
    no idea you are into Glocks... whp

others,
    My experience: a thing that makes it easier for acceptance of a theme is to down size the theme that you can collect between 20 - 40 arms, by the use of time lines, models, brands, types, actions, calibers, units or whatever. Also give a list of firearms that you have in the pipeline for that theme or collection. If you really want to be a collector don't let any attitude or rules stop you continue to fight for you theme try you best and proof you have a passion for collecting that piece of engineering art.

Hi
    New here - only found out about the site last month.

I am a member of SAWAVV - Vrijstaat tak.

I have Cat C collector status with theme historic military with emphasis on the Anglo Boer War & WW2

We are very active with at least 1 theme day per month.

Quote Originally Posted by ABHM
    I wonder would the category "weapons used in the Iraqi Insurgency" be accepted? with the second category of "Weapons Used in the Afghanistan Insurgency circa 1970 to 2010" and then of course "Glock pistols!"
    No kidding. If you have a theme & can develop it there should be no reason why it should not be accepted.

Try "Military rifles used in central asian conflict between 1980-2009."
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

Banned

Another Collector here...long term. Jhb based.
    Pretty much only handguns...pre-1900 Colts, Mauser C96"Broomhandles" and a few other goodies.

USP

Hi
    I have been a collector for 10 years now and a member of PAAA in Pretoria. My collection consists of STAINLESS STEEL RUGERS(59 and counting) and some other North American stainless firearms. Anybody with questions on Rugers are welcome to contact me on 0827761789 or prinslooh@lantic.net
    Hendrik

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast