User

Default Zeiss Terra 4-12x42

Hi guys. I am looking to put a scope on my first rifle (7mm Rem Mag). I will do bushveld hunting, so not TOO fussed about the magnification. I see that S&O are running a special on the Zeis Terra at 5k in 4-12x42. I know that it's made in Japan, but I am sure the Germans keep a close eye on the manufacture? Is this a good buy or should I go for the Nikon Monarch 3?

User

Default Re: Zeiss Terra 4-12x42

I have the exact same scope on my 308 and before that I had a leupold vx2 and it's about the same if not better than the leupold.

In my opinion by the most expensive scope you can buy but anything from leupold and zeiss is good to go but there is absolutely nothing from with nikon scopes, some prefer them and it comes down to personal preference.

User

Have a close look at the Monarch 3, great value for money. To me the Monarch seemed clearer than the Zeiss, both in the same hall at Huntex viewed from the same position(my unscientific view). They were the same price at the time. If I recall the Monarch is Nikons higher end and the Terra Zeiss's entry model.

User

Will be watching this thread, very keen on the Zeiss due to their quality standards.

User

Post Re: Zeiss Terra 4-12x42

Quote Originally Posted by dsmerrills View Post
    I have the exact same scope on my 308 and before that I had a leupold vx2 and it's about the same if not better than the leupold.

In my opinion by the most expensive scope you can buy but anything from leupold and zeiss is good to go but there is absolutely nothing from with nikon scopes, some prefer them and it comes down to personal preference.
    Thank you very much, it's great to get feedback from actual experience.

@Antlion I will be sure to have a look through both, I am heading to S&O this afternoon. I see that they are running a promotion on Saturday where you can get anything from 5% - 100% off your purchase, hopefully it applies to the current specials too :) Will give some feedback once I have bought*