Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default World Shoot - Eric Grauffel

World Shoot XV is over, I was fortunate to have been there.
    Eric Grauffel now has the longest unbeaten reign in IPSC History
    Winning 4 consecutive World Championship Titles.

Check this out He Shot
    483 A's
    64 C's
    4 D's
    1 No Shoot
    Zero Misses

cfd89

Total Time 5.47 Minutes
    36 Stages

Default Re: World Shoot - Eric Grauffel

There is no substitute for practise, only us mere mortals who have normal jobs that pay for shooting can wish for match results like that.

All i can say is WELL DONE ERIC
    If all else fails, use a bigger mousetrap

User

Good for him!!

Interesting that he has two South African sponsors -RHT for his speedrig and Frontier for his bullets.

I wonder who does his reloading. That guy has a full time job!!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Supercomp
    World Shoot XV is over, I was fortunate to have been there.
    Eric Grauffel now has the longest unbeaten reign in IPSC History
    Winning 4 consecutive World Championship Titles.

Check this out He Shot
    483 A's
    64 C's
    4 D's
    1 No Shoot
    Zero Misses

cfd89

Total Time 5.47 Minutes
    36 Stages
    Supercomp - Out of interest sake who are you? I was also in Bali :-)

You can PM me if you want...

and Mahomed Kolia getting dq'd,unfairly it appears, after the video was reviewed
    i take knives to a gunfight

Add another World Shoot win to Eric's List. World Shoot XVI Greece. 5 In a Row

Below is a little written interview I did with him. Of all the CR Speed Sponsored Shooters, Eric has been with
    us the longest.

1. When would you say your professional career began.

I would say in 1998 when I won my first European championship. I was already sponsored by that time of course, but the interest and requests from sponsors was more important after that.

2. How many matches would you say you shoot a year.

There were a time I was at 30 matches or more in the year, now I am more on the bigger events, like 4-5 days matches.

3. It seems you never lose a match, what is your longest run of match victories.

Since 1999, I did failed twice in 250 matches, one was the US limited nationals in bend Oregon. I had a broken front sight on the standard exercise, which cost me at least a place on the podium, and a Florida open on which I ended up 2nd

4. I believe you like to wind surf would you consider this physical training & what other physical training methods do you use.

Clearly it's physical, it's also a good way for me to run away from work and just fight against waves and myself.
    Other than that, I used to do lots of biking and running, but since I have kids I had to slow down on the fitness activity, but I will go back because It misses me.

5. Tell us a little about a day in the life of Eric Grauffel.

Let say, I must fit shooting practice within the day, whenever I want, about an hour and a half.
    Then depending of work, it can be, gunsmithing as I build my guns myself, or reloading, or cleaning practice guns, it's a minimum of 2 hours in the shop. Then some business work, which can be working the web site, preparing orders, accountings, answering emails..

6. How much live fire & dry fire training do you do on a daily – weekly basis.

Dry fire, I do it usually Sunday or days I could not go to the range because of weather conditions.
    Live fire, minimum 500 rounds per session 6 times a week. It happens I shoot 1000 or even 1500 in
    the day, if I am practicing with mates.

7. You were pretty sick at ws xvi but you still managed to pull off your 5th consecutive World Shoot victory how did you maintain focus & were their times you thought you might not make it?

You must always have in mind you may not win, like this the fall is not too hard. So yes I had this in mind, knowing we were 3 in the leading pack but only few points apart. I tried to rest a maximum in between each stages and tried to survive on my shooting. Stages were not specially designed for my style of shooting which made the victory harder to find. Hopefully on day 4 of shooting 3 stages with options and hard shots. I took on each stages risks and it paid off. Without this area 4 at world shoot, I don't know if I would have won.

8. what does it feel like to have the 5 in a row World Shoot victory record.

It hasn't changed anything in my life, but let say it's pretty cool to have the record.

9.What other interests or hobbies do you have?

Playing with my kids, I try to be with them as much as I can when I'm home. Now I also start being interesting in horses, not that I will ride the horses, but my wife is competing and it's fun to be on a different side of a competition event. Yes we can say, competing is a family thing by the Grauffel's

10. You and GG offer training courses, what would you say are the most important elements you focus on in these courses.

Safety, and technics are the main points we are working in those courses.

11. Apart from Open, Which other divisions do you shoot & do you think you might pack away open and make a switch.

Packing open away, no. I will still shoot open matches , but I will also shoot some matches standard, and some big events production. Next world shoot will be in production. It's gonna be fun I think.

from the CCI Website

Born and raised in Quimper, France (on the west coast), Grauffel still resides there when he is not traveling the world competing. He began shooting with an air gun at the age of eight. At age 10 he shot his first pistol and within a year Grauffel was competing. He won his first French National Championship at age 15.

Grauffel dedicates as many as six hours a day six days a week in preparation for his sport. Each day he goes through a regiment of shooting and physical training. "This sport is basically technique, to be as skilled as possible you need to be like a thinking-robot," said Grauffel.

In practical shooting, competitors are required to take shots from all different positions, locations and angles. Shots often come on the move or at moving targets. Because all shooters are highly skilled, any edge one of the top competitors can get through physical training is very important.

In addition to several practice sessions, Grauffel also spends several hours reloading each day. Grauffel says reloading his own ammo is much more cost-efficient and many competitors do this because it allows them to personally control everything about their ammunition.

Grauffel shoots a large portion of each "batch" of ammunition before using it. He says that when he receives 5,000 primers, he will shoot 2,000 of them, and as long as none of those misfire he keeps the other 3,000 for competition. When he does this, he is also using it as a way to check that his gun, the powder, the bullet and the shell are all performing up to par.

User

shoots tanfoglios right?

im damn glad we have a new full tanfoglio dealer in ZA. Cant wait for mine.

Who is the new Tanfoglio Dealer?

User

pm me :) still have to do the fair disclosure thing before I may say more here aloud...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast