Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Club that is willing to do night shoot with weapon mounts lights

Could maybe also require that the gun still cimply with division weight even with the WML fitted - sorry all you CZ Shadow shooters!

User

I shoot with my eyes closed anyway !

I honestly don't understand the issue ... surely a club can simply host a night shoot run according to the SADPA safety rules, but not part of an official match and you can then use whatever warms you heart.

Just go out, organise the shoot and have a hell of a lot of fun ...

User

Quote Originally Posted by Kayback View Post
    There are some low light courses that are run every so often. SADPA isn't the best place to learn or practice low light techniques, but I do agree there should be the chance to use actual EDC gear in SADPA.

Like I said the "not for score" is quite a useful categpry. If the MD approves (and to get that right basically don't disrupt the normal flow of the shoot) you won't get any FTDR or PE's based on equipment, because it isn't for score anyway. Keep it safe and you'll be fine.

The other option is hook up with the guys at SAS. You can use your WML pistol there.

KBK
    I'm unfamiliar with the SAS guys and what they do but will do a thread search.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistix View Post
    I honestly don't understand the issue ... surely a club can simply host a night shoot run according to the SADPA safety rules, but not part of an official match and you can then use whatever warms you heart.

Just go out, organise the shoot and have a hell of a lot of fun ...
    i suppose I'm the donkey responsible for organizing this now!;-)

Will update the thread should I get response from someone.

A lot of crime is at night so the likelihood of me having to use my equipment at night is probably higher than using it during the day. Does it not then make sense to practice as such?!

I had a fright about a week ago with a possible attempted home invasion at about 1:00 in the morning and it was a wake up call. I am not as well prepared to react in low light as I am in normal daylight. This despite various torches, security layers, WML etc. I will post a thread about that later though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3