Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Joining SAPS Special Task Force. Advice and 2c please!

Plus, I am South African, I cannot acquire a British or French passport seeing as my family has been here too long and no one has gone back for generations. I am South African. We need good Police. I can make a difference. The Task Force is still a great unit. Therefor I am convinced it is a great option.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_haha View Post
    Plus, I am South African, I cannot acquire a British or French passport seeing as my family has been here too long and no one has gone back for generations. I am South African. We need good Police. I can make a difference. The Task Force is still a great unit. Therefor I am convinced it is a great option.

Do not underestimate our Special Forces

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_haha View Post
    Go read up on the FFL , you don't need a French passport hence the word Foreign in the name. ;)
    Please don't get me wrong I am not trying to convince you to forget SAPS , it is still your choice.

User

Quote Originally Posted by volstruis View Post
    Go read up on the FFL , you don't need a French passport hence the word Foreign in the name. ;)
    Please don't get me wrong I am not trying to convince you to forget SAPS , it is still your choice.
    Yes I know :D Haha but still, if you join the FFL you're like a mercenary. You're not standing for your country. You're fighting for someone else. If I was a French or British citizen it would be different.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
    My lightie is on his way to join the Royal Marines in the UK in June. There are many Seffricans in the Royal Marines. The Royal Marines is a good option as they have a few areas with their unit you can move to , SF Support, SBS etc etc and if all that bores you can go for Paras ,SAS etc... Taakies wre some of the best tactical trained guys around many years back and I speak under correction, but I am not sure they are today.
    Great idea if he's looking for action.

There was a TV series recently about the selection process. TOUGH physical and they seem to treat them well in the dorms with cool food etc.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Taranis View Post
    Great idea if he's looking for action.

There was a TV series recently about the selection process. TOUGH physical and they seem to treat them well in the dorms with cool food etc.
    I watched that series. It's pretty cool, but showed what pissies join the RM, and the pissies that drop out, (and the guys that get booted for medical, etc) and the men that pass it.

User

I asked a similar question a few years back and know what is going through your head now. I hesitated and did anti-poaching first and although I don't regret it because it was an experience of a lifetime, I am now too old to join the military here (I did send my forms in but nothing yet) and I can't join the British Armed forces (the other option I considered) presently due to the new 5 year thing and me loving SA too much. I am currently helping with the family business and work from home so am living comfortably but I always wonder what it would be like to be a soldier and I see the shows about paratroopers on tv etc and think to myself, yes it will be hard, but I could push myself through that. I am afraid I will never really know though and that is a kak feeling, especially for someone like me who likes to experience different things.

So my advice is, do it, if it is really what you think you want then don't hesitate for one second, you will soon find out if it is for you once you are there and you can always leave if it is not.

User

Dave ha ha where are you based?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf777 View Post
    I asked a similar question a few years back and know what is going through your head now. I hesitated and did anti-poaching first and although I don't regret it because it was an experience of a lifetime, I am now too old to join the military here (I did send my forms in but nothing yet) and I can't join the British Armed forces (the other option I considered) presently due to the new 5 year thing and me loving SA too much. I am currently helping with the family business and work from home so am living comfortably but I always wonder what it would be like to be a soldier and I see the shows about paratroopers on tv etc and think to myself, yes it will be hard, but I could push myself through that. I am afraid I will never really know though and that is a kak feeling, especially for someone like me who likes to experience different things.

So my advice is, do it, if it is really what you think you want then don't hesitate for one second, you will soon find out if it is for you once you are there and you can always leave if it is not.
    Thanks for the advice Wolf777, appreciate it. I agree with you, there are always others paths I can turn to.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Tweedledee View Post
    Dave ha ha where are you based?
    Johannesburg, Gauteng. :D you?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast