Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    User

Default Re: SADPA Member Survey

Given what I have learned the past two months, I am going to say publically that everything (OK most of it) that got spread around about Paul, Lynette, and Tack-shack was a well planned and executed smear campaign. I have no reason to believe otherwise.

A similar smear campaign has been running against the IPOC and at least one club chairman if the rumours are anything to go by. The common denominator however is always?..... the EXCO. CNN has fuck-all on these guys.

User

Had a look on the SADPA website.

“active 1000 odd shooters in 26 active clubs shooting over 300 matches a year”

Is this statement still valid ?

User

Looking at the SADPA website Members Exports section, Members Classification list, you can see whose membership is paid up or lapsed. Counting the paid members up until member number 2000 comes to a total of 210 (could be plus or minus one or two).

This is not necessarily representative, but it is not obviously unrepresentative (eyeballing the rest of the list). I reckon about 6000 entries in the list (membership numbers became nonconsecutive after 5700 odd), so I extrapolate 600+ paid up members at the moment (and could increase somewhat, we’re at the start of a new year and some members usually are late payers in any club).

User

Quote Originally Posted by zs6hdv View Post
    Looking at the SADPA website Members Exports section, Members Classification list, you can see whose membership is paid up or lapsed. Counting the paid members up until member number 2000 comes to a total of 210 (could be plus or minus one or two).

This is not necessarily representative, but it is not obviously unrepresentative (eyeballing the rest of the list). I reckon about 6000 entries in the list (membership numbers became nonconsecutive after 5700 odd), so I extrapolate 600+ paid up members at the moment (and could increase somewhat, we’re at the start of a new year and some members usually are late payers in any club).
    and @ NicF
    So I put all the information from the SADPA website into excel and filtered out 0 (under membership lapsed). Currently we have 881 paid members.
    another thing to note is that most of these numbers only probably registered to maintain DSS etc. The actual amount of regular shooters at matches is far less.

@NicF nowhere close to 300 IDPA matches (currently only IDPA matches should be counted for DSS). There hasn't been a league since last year November I think.

Majority of the Shooters/Clubs just want to shoot so they take direction from the Main Body. 92/125 members voted on direction of SADPA indicate they would like to shoot an international sport so this is more than 10% of the current membership. classifiers and matches based on 60 000 odd shooters vs 881. SA(I)DPA =idpa south africa from inception and that is what I feel the core should remain everything else is on the side to boost membership. I want to shoot a match vetted internationally so that I know the standard is there.
    The main body is pushing for MPD, this is clearly seen in that SSNAT and NNATS (note circular 11 or 10 2019 indicated IDPA NNATS) were meant to be MPD HG, this is without a properly setup/tested classifier or SO's understanding the "new rules"

User

Quote Originally Posted by singh17 View Post
    and @ NicF
    So I put all the information from the SADPA website into excel and filtered out 0 (under membership lapsed). Currently we have 881 paid members.
    another thing to note is that most of these numbers only probably registered to maintain DSS etc. The actual amount of regular shooters at matches is far less.

@NicF nowhere close to 300 IDPA matches (currently only IDPA matches should be counted for DSS). There hasn't been a league since last year November I think.

Majority of the Shooters/Clubs just want to shoot so they take direction from the Main Body. 92/125 members voted on direction of SADPA indicate they would like to shoot an international sport so this is more than 10% of the current membership. classifiers and matches based on 60 000 odd shooters vs 881. SA(I)DPA =idpa south africa from inception and that is what I feel the core should remain everything else is on the side to boost membership. I want to shoot a match vetted internationally so that I know the standard is there.
    The main body is pushing for MPD, this is clearly seen in that SSNAT and NNATS (note circular 11 or 10 2019 indicated IDPA NNATS) were meant to be MPD HG, this is without a properly setup/tested classifier or SO's understanding the "new rules"
    Thanks for the reply @singh17.

I don’t shoot IDPA, just interested to know the numbers.

Hopefully this gets sorted out & things get back to normal. What are the chances of that ?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Nicf View Post
    Thanks for the reply @singh17.

I don’t shoot IDPA, just interested to know the numbers.

Hopefully this gets sorted out & things get back to normal. What are the chances of that ?
    IPDA (SA) is tiny compared to IPSC. I shot the IPSC league earlier at euffees when it rained and we only started at 10am, I was shocked at the number of people who turned up in the rain.
    if the current survey numbers are an accurate representation of the member base then it should get sorted at the next agm, with 86% of those participating in the survey willing to attend the AGM via electronic means.
    73% of the participants indicate that the want to shoot an internationally recognized sport under SADPA.
    Also "normal" is not going to happen, for many years SADPA had a special arrangement with IDPA that is over full stop. Pro's and con's, Pro Tier 2 and above are internationally vetted and your classifications etc are based on a 25 000 shooters instead of 881 con's its more expensive and more paper work for clubs. ( these are only a few)
    So for me the real question is the current data on the survey representative of the SADPA membership.

@rickdd57, I was much the same as you until I saw SADPA SSNATS in MPD HG rules and then obviously the announcement by MDC to move to MPD only. Out of curiosity have you shot the MPD classifier or an MPD match?
    my interest is for SADPA to ensure that IDPA high level matches are held, it is reason why I joined SADPA. SADPA being I(SA)DPA South Africa.
    Without member feedback, we do not know if MPD HG is going to work, before the COVID announcements MDP SNATS only had 47 registered shooters, last years SNATS had 77 and 2018 having over 100. Numbers are already dwindling and now we have MPD HG only shoots and IDPA shoots. There are many people interested in one or the other and very few keen on both.

User

As a long time SADPA shooter who is not interested in peoples agendas, politics or bullshit, I have no idea what the Fark is going on but for the sake of the sport and the average shooter I hope people pack away their egos and sort the shit out.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4